Chapter 13

"This is so yummy," I murmured while taking another bite of the delicious trifle. In the meanwhile, Elan asked me to come with him, because he wanted to show me something. We took a walk to the back side of his mansion, carrying little bowls of glass in our hands.

Elan's lips curved in a smile as we reached the end of the long lobby. "Tadaaa!" He exclaimed while taking a short jump outside. I followed him and the only words that came out of my mouth were, "Wow!"

In front of me lay a medium sized, beeautiful swimming pool. Its edges were covered with colourful and scented flowers. The place looked amazing. On either side of the area were two doors that led to other rooms. Lawn chairs of blue and green colour were placed on one side of the pool. The water was crystal clear and so refreshing that I wanted to dive into it right away.

Elan had rearranged the setting of the pool area just for me. He sure was excited on my arrival. He was showing me around when his butler came looking for him to ask something. He told me to wait a little and went inside.

I explored the place for a few minutes and was walking along the doors on the right side of the pool when I found the door of the second room slightly open. I wanted to go in and look. Every room of that house was extra ordinary. I opened the door a little more so that I could enter. No one seemed to be there.

I entered the room and felt like I was in a library. There were so many shelfs and cupboards which were filled with hundreds of books. In the center of the room on the other end, a brown study table with brown and black striped chair sat. Along the walls were small racks on which many files were placed. It must be their study room or something, I figured.

The place was so fascinating that I wanted to look more. I walked along the wall noticing the books and files. You could have found every sort of book in there. The files seemed to be of the business work so I didn't pay much attention to them until my eyes ran through a title, "Private."

There was a sudden urge in me of picking that file up, but I stopped since I had no right to look into the confidential matters. However, when there comes curiousity, a person cannot inhale anything else. I grabbed that file from the shelf after a little fight with my brain and was about to open it slowly when I heard someone speaking followed by their footsteps.

The file dropped from my hands as I looked behind, alarmed. I quickly picked up the file and put it back in position. I was going to turn around when I saw a piece of paper on the floor that fell from inside the file. I picked it up frowning and unfolded it. What I read, made the earth around me to collapse.