Chapter 27

"How are you feeling?" I asked my half sleeping friend, the next day.

"Mm? Better, I think."

"Stay better or else I'll kill you."

I saw her mouth turning into a smile as I got up to freshen up.

"Katie, why don't I see no tooth paste or soap or shampoo or anything. Didn't you unpack them?" I asked her while examining the small and empty bathroom.

"Umm..."

"Hmm?"

"I-think-I-might-have-forgotten-to-bring-the-box-with-all-that-stuff," she said in one go.

"What?!" I came out of the bathroom to burn her alive.

"Look I'm already hurttt." She hid her face under her blanket.

"Now what?"

"Let's go shopping," she popped her head out and flashed her eyes.

"Are you out of your mind?"

"We'll change our get ups."

"Hmm. But both of us? Plus, with your bandaged arm? I'll go to the nearest store and will also bring breakfast. You stay here and rest."

"But what will I doo?"

"Something you love."

"Alrighty. I'm going to sleep again then."

"I knew it. Sleepyhead. Okay I'm going. Stay safe."

"You too." She said while resting her body against the warm bed.

I shoved some money in my trouser pocket and went out. The air was clear. A chorus of birds broke the drone of the city traffic.

I walked down the street towards a mart. I gathered up some necessary things and a few snacks to keep Katie's always growling stomach happy. I came out of the mart and started searching for a coffee shop nearby in my head to buy breakfast. I knew it was here somewhere, but I wasn't sure.

I walked a few steps and thought of searching for my destination on Google maps. I put my hand in my trouser pockets, but couldn't feel anything.

Oh c'mon!

I realised I left my cell phone back. This realisation made my heart skip a beat when Katie came to my mind.

Relax. She'll be okay. And so will I. I'm not that far from our apartment. I tried to think positive.

I decided to go just a little further and then if I wouldn't find a cafe, I'll come back and feed ourselves the snacks I bought.

I continued walking with a shopping bag in my right hand and my left hand ruffling through my unbrushed morning hair. But it was not long when I felt like someone was following me. My instincts said so.

I glanced behind and saw two men wearing black suits.
What the.....you've got to be kidding me.

I quickened my pace and realised that they did the same. This move definitely proved that Robert had send his puppies to find me.

Good Lord!

I grabbed the shopping bag tightly and decided to run for my life.
Okay calm down Cassie.

1

2

3

Run!!!

I ran as fast as I could and definitely looked like a retorted monkey. The men behind me had also started running. I managed to throw one of the big dustbins lying at several spaces on the side of the street in those men's way to provide a hurdle.

One of the men got down by my tactic, but the other one was still behind me like a cat behind its mouse. I had almost lost the other man as well when I saw two men coming towards me from the front.

Oh great.

In a few seconds, I bumped in those men and knocked them off one by one. I continued to run when my eyes figured that four more men were going to attack me from the front.

Nooo...

Before I could make up a plan to escape, a car came screeching beside me on the road and stopped right in front of me, ending at the footpath.

What now?!

I came to a halt right away, almost tripping over. If I would have been a little late in stopping, I would have crashed into the car and so eventually would have needed a plastic surgery.

My eyes widened when I saw a hot sports car standing right ahead of me. My eyes widened even more when the door of the car opened and a familiar face came to my vision.

Elan?!