Chapter 31

Cassie's POV:

I opened my sore eyes, and with a blur vision, saw a pair of blue eyes staring down at me with a focused expression.

"Aah!" I was startled by a witch like figure just above my head. The blue eyes were surrounded by dark brown, messy hair.

"HA HA HA!" The witch like figure gave me an evil laugh. Uh sorry, that was actually Katie.

"What in the world...? Get off me!" I shouted.

"I was going to wake you up, but you opened your eyes before I could make any move," Katie said while grinning.

"You don't wake someone up by climbing on them silently with your untied hair flipping on your face! Almost gave me a heart attack, you idiot."

"Okay okay. Stop blabbering now," She said as she got off me.

"I'm thirsty. Gimme water," I murmured.

"Get it yourself, cow. But for now, hurry up. We have to do some business, baby." She smirked.

"Oh no. I don't like this smile of yours."

"Hehe. And oh, also put on some make up. You look like a ghost."

"You're talking as if I'm going on a date."

"Hah! You wish," she said, teasing me. I rolled my eyes and got up.

After 10-15 minutes, Katie and I got ready and were about to go to a restaurant a few blocks away.

According to Katie, one of Robert's close friend and dealer was arriving there for lunch. She told me that she talked to Rodrick and he suggested to spy on that man. He might be of use.

Elan's POV:

"Would you like to have some champagne, Sir?" The waiter asked me while holding a bottle of fine champagne in his hands, ready to pour it in my glass.

"No, thanks." I replied, rubbing my forehead. I was suffering from a really bad headache, from all the thinking maybe.

I wanted to help Cassie. I really wanted to do that. But on the other hand, it was my father's life at stake. My birth father. How can a son put his father in jail with his own hands?

But wait. What did I call him? Father?
He couldn't be a proper human being all his life, then how can I expect him to be a proper father? My mother died because of his carelessness.

He sure made me lucky because I lived my whole life in luxury. But can money buy happiness?
It sure can.
But can it buy love?
I don't think so.

I poured some water in my glass and took a sip. Sit back and relax Elan, I calmed myself down.
I'm already here, I've made my promise. It's time I take some action.