Chapter 22

After 20 minutes of travelling in Robert's divine Cruiser, we reached his mansion.

Life is so unexpected, I thought. The first time I entered this place, I had love, hope, happiness, shyness. And now the second time I was entering this place, I had hatred, task, revenge, power.

However, one feeling was mutual. My heart raced that day, and today as well. Due to the thought of...Elan...

My thoughts were disturbed when the jeep came to a halt. The doors opened for us and two of Robert's guards picked him up and took him to his room. I held Katie and gave her false support. We followed the men to Robert's room. I was praying not to see any other family member at that time.

After managing the act and climbing a long staircase, we turned right and ahead of us laid Robert Burten's room. Well, to call it a room, it would bring disgrace to it. It was more of a suite.

The men took him to his extravagant king sized bed. Katie and I followed them. In the meanwhile, the men went out.

Phew.

As soon as we were alone, Katie came back to her normal self. "Ugh, I was tired of being tired, you know. My acting was good, right?"

"Shh! Let's first see if we are being watched or heard," I said while locking the door and examining the huge room, looking for cameras.

It was like a dream room. It was all carpeted and its walls were plastered with wallpapers and expensive looking paintings. The furnishing was so beautiful and so modern. There was a king sized window covered with fancy looking curtains.

I tapped on one of the walls to check its material, but it was quite hard. "There's no way that our voices could be heard outside this place," I said impressively.

"Hey, what's this?" Katie was holding the railing of a small staircase on one corner of the room, near the door. I walked towards her.

"Wow! What in the world..."

Katie put a finger on her lips to tell me to be quiet. "There could be someone at the top," She whispered.

I hurriedly took out a pistol from my handbag and gestured her to follow me. We climbed the stairs in stealth mode.

3

2

1

"Hands up!" I blurted out while aiming my pistol towards the empty room. Katie followed me.

"Anybody there?" She questioned. Silence. We both moved ourselves towards the center of the room and explored the place. It was almost the same as the room downstairs. Downstairs, we saw a huge portrait of Robert, but here, it was of a woman.

Robert's wife, Allenora Susan. What a woman she was. So lively, so kind...I wonder where she is now, I was thinking. She should have been right here in her bed at this hour of night. But that upper portion looked like it wasn't touched by anyone for a long time.

"Yayy! We're safe," Katie cheered.

"Gosh! What is this place?" I hid my pistol in my stockings.

"I know, right?! Anyways, hold your horses, we have some work to do."

"So what's the plan now? We install cameras on certain important places, right?"

"Righto. And yes, the plan is also to live."

"I'll keep myself safe, but I don't know about you." I teased.

"Whotevaa!" Katie rolled her eyes.

I chuckled. "Let's get out of here now. Before the devil downstairs wakes up," I said while following her downstairs to the first room.

"First help me install a camera over here as well," Katie said while searching for some useful stuff and a small camera in my handbag.

"You should at least ask first where I have put it," I said while unzipping the second zip where our tools were.

"Okay Miss-Know-It-All." She rolled her eyes.

I twisted her ear a bit. "Okay okay stop!"

"That's like a good girl," I left her ear and patted her on the head giving her my teeth smile.

"Such a pain you are," she said while standing up on the side table.

"You sure no one would see it?" I asked doubtedly.

"I've done it before several times. Plus, it's so minute. Who would notice it?" She assured me.

"Hmm. Its colour will also blend in the wall."

After a few minutes, Katie finished her job and came down. "Perfect!" I said while glancing at the sleeping beauty. He sure wasn't going to wake up any sooner.

"Let's get outta here now and kick some legs." She picked up the handbag and followed me.