Chapter 32

"Okay, let's go," Katie said while adjusting my messy hair to give them a better look.

I looked at her with a frown. "Dude? You never cared so much about my appearance before. Is there anything you're not telling me?" I gave her a suspicious look.

"Uh.." She let out a nervous laugh while getting out of the taxi. "I have some respect in the world man. Can't go to a place like this with a horrible looking girl so called my best friend," she said in a duh tone.

I rolled my eyes at her. I sure will kill her some day, I thought.

We stood in front of a triple story, glass walled restaurant. On either side of the restaurant was a line of cars along the pavement of the wide, main road.

"This area is lit." We both were drooling over the place when I said, "I really should have come here in a proper dress and well settled hair."

Katie laughed a little and moved ahead. We entered the restaurant and the tasty aroma made my stomach grumble. "Stop it! You're embarrassing me," Katie said while noticing the acts of my stomach.

"What? It's natural. Plus, nobody's going to hear it anyway," I said calmly.

"Hello ladies. A table for two?" A suited man popped up from nowhere with a wide smile on his face. He was probably going to escort us to our seats. Little did he know that we had come to eavesdrop on one of his customers already present in the restaurant.

"No, thank you. Someone's already waiting for us on a table," Katie replied quickly with a sophisticated smile.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow when she took my hand and gestured me to go along with her.

We crossed a few busy tables and then stopped in front of the last person I expected to see there.

Elan.
Oh yes, Elan. Where did he come from now? I thought.

"Hey there. She's all yours now," Katie greeted the handsome, yet tensed man sitting alone on a table of two.

I looked at Katie with a confused expression which took very little time to change to an infuriated face. She had set me up.

"Cassie, she's not the one to blame," Elan said while standing up.

"Babes, sit down. Do it for me," Katie spoke to me.

I took a deep breath after which sat down on the empty chair. "What's all this about?" I asked Elan.

"I'll come after a few minutes," Katie said while vanishing away from my sight before I could stop her.

"Cassie.." Elan began to speak. He was looking right into my eyes. Something was happening to me. I felt like his gaze was going through my body and soul.

I had put my hands on the table and my fingers were playing silently with each other. I sure was nervous. I managed to look at him, but soon looked away. After a few seconds of silence, he leaned forward and took my hand in his hands.

"I love you."

Ba dum tss.

I looked at him again. This time with a softness in my eyes. My heart was thumping like crazy and I felt like the world around me had stopped. I felt like these were the words I had waited to hear my whole life.

Oh God.