Chapter 26

I turned away from Elan and it felt like someone was ripping my heart apart.

"Can you run?" I whispered to Katie.

"I guess..," She replied as she held her bleeding arm and stopped leaning over me.

I tore apart the shirt of one of the men who were lying unconscious behind us. I then put it around Katie's injured arm like a bandage to stop more blood from flowing. She moaned in pain.

"Don't worry." I kissed her on the head and began to run with her.

"Cassieee..." I heard Elan scream behind me.
Maybe that's the last time you will called my name, I replied to Elan silently with grieve.

Luckily, no guards came to see us off as we tried to run towards the main door. But as I opened the door, there was a whole different environment. We saw several bunches of men standing at several different spots. They were all over the place. There was no chance that we could have made it to the gate.

"Crap! Now what, Cassie?!"

"Now plan B, sweetheart." I snapped the main door close, as soon as I had opened it.

"Runnn!!!" Katie and I said in unison.

We started running backwards from where we had come as few men shouted from outside who had seen us peeking.

"No! I'm sure there will be men there as well. And above all, Elan is there. Come with me." I held Katie's hand and rushed towards the dining room.

"Don't tell me you're hungry again."

"Oh yes, I am." I gave her an evil smile.

I rushed towards the window and tried opening it.

"You clever little thing."

"Thankz, now get out quickly before someone chops your head off!" I gestured her to escape through the open window.

I helped her get out safely. But when it was my turn, a man came running towards the dining room to probably kill us both.

"Hurry!" Katie shrieked.

"Aaa..." I jumped out of the window screaming in fear as the man came closer to me.

"You're done!" He shouted angrily as he reached out his arm through the window for me.

Just then, I shut the window close right through his arm, making him scream in pain.

"Sorryy!" I called from behind while running straight towards the wall.

I joined my hands to make a step for Katie so that she could put her foot on it and climb the wall as she was too weak to show ninja style with her red arm.

After a minute or so, we both were standing outside the premises of Robert's mansion. We got to the main road walking fast, but we saw no taxi pass by at this hour of night. We decided to keep walking and prayed that somebody would come out of nowhere to help us.

We moved a little ahead by the side of the road when we saw light coming from behind.
Car headlights!
We stopped the God gifted taxi right away and helped ourselves in, sighing in relief.

"To the nearest hospital. Quick!" I instructed the taxi driver after which he flew his car and got us to our destination safe, unexpectedly.

I rushed Katie towards the emergency and got her injected and bandaged.

"So now what?" She asked me when her dressing was done.

"Now we wait."