Chapter 34

I felt like the world was coming down on me. My heart felt heavy. Life was taking such sharp turns that I had no time to plan things out. With each step that Elan was taking away from me, I felt the burden increase. I wanted to hold him, but felt like I was glued to the chair.

"Cassie?" Katie spoke after looking at my worried face. She put her hand on my shoulder.

"What am I supposed to do Katie?" I buried my face in my hands.

"Stop him!" Katie exclaimed.

I lift my head and looked at her. She gave me an assured look. Without thinking any further, I wiped off my face and with the remaining strength that I had, started walking towards the restaurant exit. The thought of Elan increased my pace and I rushed outside, ignoring the people that came in my way. At that time, I was just thinking of seeing Elan again.

A cool breeze welcomed me as I stepped outside. The hustle and bustle of the customers waiting to get in was making me dizzy. My eyes were continuously searching for that one guy. My breathing became fast and I looked here and there in order to spot the familiar face when suddenly a car went whooshing past me on the road. I realised it was Elan's. And at that moment, I thought I had lost him again.

I backed up a little and my body touched the window of the restaurant. I felt like I would fall down any minute. I wasn't the weak type, then what was happening to me? I was lost in these thoughts when Katie came rushing out with the bag. She saw my teary eyes and hugged me. That's when the tears no longer stayed back. People started staring at us, but that was the last thing I cared about at that time.

"Shh sweetheart. Stop crying. This is not who you are. Look at me." Katie held my arms and politely pushed me back a little. "We'll find him. The world is round, remember?" She smiled, then continued, "But first, we have a task to complete."

I nodded and went inside to the rest room to wash my face. I tied my hair in a high pony tail and looked at my reflection in the mirror with an intent look. I got this, I thought to myself. I took a deep breath and then walked outside where Katie was awaiting me. "Let's go," She said as soon as she saw me, after which we did a bro fist and halted a taxi. We hopped inside and informed our Boss of the situation. He sure was amazed at how suddenly all this was happening. He called for backup and told us to continue our plan.

As we reached Robert's mansion, the city's FBI squad had already approached and gotten inside. I paid the taxi driver and Katie held Elan's bag. We got out and saw that the yellow ball of fire had changed into the shades of orange and was slowly drowning behind the curtain of clouds. It was almost sunset.

"So you're here." A familiar voice approached my ears.

"Royella?!" How can she stay behind, I wondered.

"Have we met before?" Katie sounded surprised.

"She's my colleague. You must have seen her back at the office."

"Shall we get going?" Royella smiled. "That Robert guy is creating a little drama inside." She rolled her eyes and turned around to head inside.

A/N
Okay so how are you all doing beautiful people? I hope good. Many of you complained that I uploaded the new chapter after a long, long time. I am really sorry, I got a little busy with my studies.
I hope you guys like how the story is going. Only one last chapter is left which will be published soon. Enjoy! And do give me your feedback.
Adios
-Iram