Chapter 17

"Cassie, Boss is calling you in his office." The slimmest person on earth, with golden hair in a pixie cut, came by my desk. She was a lady in her late thirties, named Royella. Her table was just across mine in the office. She delivered me the message after coming from Rodrick's cabin while carrying a stack of files. Rodrick, by the way, was our Boss.

"Did I do something wrong?"

"Haha as much as I want you to do it, you didn't. And don't worry, the boss likes you."

"He likes you too."

"He should have assigned the case to me then. I think you're too young to handle it."

"Oh a case coming up? Andd, don't worry, I'll call you for help if I saw signs of failing." I winked. "I'll get going then."

Royella smiled shaking her head a little. I stood up, straightened up my clothes and began to walk towards Rodrick's cabin.

I knocked on the door with my knuckles and then twisted the handle slightly. "Come in, Cassie." He said with his dark voice.

"Hello Sir. You called me?"

"Yes, sit down. I have some work for you."

"Sure, go ahead, Sir."

"Many people have told me to think again before sending you on this mission. It's quite dangerous, you see. And only a few months have passed since you came here. However, I do know that you'll somehow manage on keeping my head high, as always."

"I'm really thankful to you that you put your trust in me. I'll not bring any disgrace to you."

"Good. Now, let me tell you that a case similar to this one, came a few years back as well. But sadly, the other party was too tough. It was us who lost some of our significant men."

I don't want to die so sooon. I still have to take revenge, be one of the top officers, marry, and have beautiful children. But ofcourse, I couldn't tell my Boss about my thoughts.

However, I also was excited to work on this project and show others that I can do it.

"Cassie?" Rodrick bought me back to the real world.

"Oh yeah, Sir. Don't worry, you won't lose me. I will do it." I said enthusiastically.

"As if you have a choice." He smirked.

I smiled hesitantly, after which he continued, "I'm giving you the file which has all the important information. Make sure you read it thoroughly first and then hand me over your plan and other measures."

"Right away." I took the file from him and opened it while standing to leave.

I couldn't believe my eyes. I felt all sorts of emotions rising up my nerves as I saw the first page. And above all was shock.

On the very first page was a name and photo very familiar. I glanced at it with a frown on my face and an open mouth. I stopped breathing for a few seconds and then fell on the chair behind me with a big gasp.

"Robert Burten...?" I managed to blurt the words out. History was repeating itself. But this time, there was a twist in it.

I had waited a long time for this. This was my only and biggest chance. I was ready to drown this man deep.