Chapter 10

Cassie's POV:

I was about to get done with my work the next day when Elan arrived. Whattay timing, I thought. He entered the cafe with a bright, charming face, which was soon plastered with a wide smile, as usual, when he saw me. He waved at me and I smiled at him.

He was wearing a dark, navy blue overcoat which made his fair skin glow even more. He looked like a highly expensive brand from head to toe, every time I saw him. His right hand held his phone, and his left, a small shopping bag.

I prepared two coffees and sat with him. We did our hi's and hello's after which he took out a small box from the shopping bag. Oh no, what was he going to give me? I was thinking. Omg, a ring! He was going to propose to me! My face turned red. No way. That was not going to happen. How long have I even known him? Was he mad or what?

I was struggling through my thoughts when he opened the box and out of it came an elegant, silver watch. It was the most beautiful watch I had ever seen. As much as I was lost in its beauty, I felt stupid. I had gone so far. I should stop watching movies. My head was filled with various thoughts.

"Oh. It's so pretty, Elan," I spoke.

"I know, right? After all, it was my choice," Elan said grinning. "Oh, by the way, it's not for you. I just wanted to take a female friend's opinion to know how it was. I have to gift it to someone."

That made me feel more stupid. And angry. He was obviously going to give it to one of his so called girlfriends. And here I was, thinking he liked me. Huh. Nonsense. "Yeah, I know. You don't have to explain," I snapped.

He burst out laughing. Oh come onn! Not again with the making me stupid game, I thought feeling embarrassed. He finally spoke, "You're so cute, cutie pie."

"I am not your cutie pie!" I snapped again.

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not."

"Oh yes, you arree."

"Oh no, I'm nottt!" I said out loud while narrowing my eyes.

"Okay, okayy. Don't scare me now." He raised his hands as a gesture to surrender.

"Yeah, whatever. Drink your coffee it'll get cold," I said taking a sip of my coffee.

He took out the watch and said, "Give me your hand."

"What? No!" I replied.

"Such an ill-mannered girl." He ignored my rejection and held my hand. Before I could say anything to defend myself, very gently, he buckled the watch to my hand. "I was kidding. It's for you. I was just checking whether you liked it or not and whether you had any issues if I gave it to someone else," Elan explained smiling.

I was out of words. My cheeks turned red. The most good looking guy just gave me the most good looking watch. What was I supposed to do? "Uh..thank you. It's beautiful. And, I didn't have any issues. Okay?"

He laughed a little, admiring me. Elan was turning the tough, hard-to-get Cassie into a soft, stupidly-cute girl.