Chapter 6

My watch read 3:56pm when I opened the front door of the cafe I worked in. I stepped in and the sweet aroma of coffee and cakes along with the warm atmosphere soothened me. The scent of different, delicious looking foods made me want to have lunch again.

I went straight to the cafe staff room and changed into my uniform. I came out while tying my hair into a pony tail. I was moving towards the counter when my eye caught someone.
Don't tell me.

The guy from last night was sitting in front of me. His face lit up when he saw me. No doubt, he made me nervous. He stood up from his chair with a smile and came towards me. Okay, act normal, Cassie. He's just a customer who likes this place, I thought.

"How may I help you, Sir?" I asked rather confidently. He just kept smiling like an idiot. "Sir?" I poked into his little cloud of thoughts.

"Oh yes, uh. I didn't mean to make you nervous. But, it's just that..you're so beautiful," He answered me reading my thoughts. His eyes were sparkling, but I could feel that he was as much nervous as I was.

"Excuse me?" This was all I managed to say, because at that time, I had mixed emotions. I had no idea how to react. I didn't know whether to break his legs or admire his charm. But wait, what? How can he just say that to me?

"Do you want to hang out with me sometime?" The gentleman asked waiting for a yes.

"I am sorry, but you are blocking the way. Customers are waiting to give their orders," I replied acting cold.

He seemed to have not at all liked my reply. That was quite obvious though. Without saying a word, he moved and sat on his table. Phew.

I was hoping for him to go when he waved at me slightly as a gesture to call the waitress. One standing next to me quickly begin to move towards him. Look at her, I thought. So excited to talk to that handsome punk over there. However, he gestured her to stop and then looked at me like he only wanted me. Oh God.

I went towards him in anger. "Oh, poor me. Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked me with puppy dog eyes trying his best to impress me.

I bowed down a little and gritted my teeth while saying this, "If you're trying to impress me, then please. I'm not the type who would fall for a guy like you. So if you don't want to die, then kindly stand up, and leave."

Unlike my expectations, he just stared at me smiling. He was enjoying this. Agh. I rolled my eyes and turned around to head back to my counter. "Hey! Won't you even tell me your name?" He finally spoke.

I stopped right there and turned around. He was standing right in front of me. I was startled. I backed a little. "By the way, I am Elan. Nice to meet you," He said with a smirk while leaning his right hand forward to shake hands.

I smiled back at him sarcastically, ignoring his hand and said, "Not at all nice to meet you, Mister Elan."