Chapter 4

Elan's POV:

I entered my mansion. "Welcome back Sir," The butler greeted me.

"Hi. Where's Mom, Ronaldo?" I asked him while removing my leather jacket and giving it to him.

"In the lounge, waiting for you," Ronaldo told me politely with a smile. I went to the lounge to check up on my mom.

"Momsy, I'm back!" I said out loud with utter happiness. "How are you feeling?"

"Oh, my son is here. You look happy today. What's the matter?" She asked me with a cute, little wink of hers.

"Um..nothing? I am always happy," I replied grinning.

She let out a low laugh. "I'll find out the reason sooner or later," She funnily threatened me.

I laughed a little as a reply. I hoped I hadn't turned red. After a while, I asked her, "Dad still isn't back?"

"Uh no. You know how busy he is," She said with a fake smile.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. But he should at least check on your health. Anyways, I asked how are you?" I tried to control my anger.

"I'm totally fine my handsome prince. Go freshen up. We'll eat cookies together," She calmed me down.

I was going to my room when I saw Ronaldo and stopped him. "Did she take her medicine?" I asked him.

"Yes sir. Her secretary takes good care of her," He assured me.

"That's good. And what is my father up to this time?" I questioned the butler frowning.

He bowed down his head a little and said with a sigh, "I came to know that he's still drinking, Sir."

Without any answer, I went upstairs to my room feeling disgusted. His wife is at home not feeling well just because of his shameful acts and he has not even asked her once about her health.

All he thinks about is himself. His career. His business. His alcohol. Once I become his heir, I would free our business from all the impurity, I promised myself.

I took a quick shower, and the whole time I found myself thinking of that cafe girl. She was stuck in my head. She would get stuck in anyone's mind, she was that pretty.

She would have thought of me as some flirty, rich guy. That's how it looked. She literally showed zero interest. But I'll prove her wrong, I thought, smiling.