Chapter 12

I was lost in my thoughts when the guard opened the door for me. I hesitantly came out of the car and stood in front of the beautiful wooden door of Elan's fancy mansion.

I took a step forward when I heard footsteps running towards me from the inside. "Cassie! You're here." It was Elan. With a bright smile on his face, the most classiest looking guy came out of the house and stood in front of me. His eyes were twinkling.

He was wearing a white dress shirt with straight black pants and black polished shoes. His hair were as usually styled with proper grace. His face looked so cunning. His shirt sleeves were rolled up a little giving him a cool look.

There was a moment of silence between us as we both sank deeper in each other's beauty. A few seconds later, a tall middle aged man came out and greeted me, "Oh hi, Miss Cassie. You're here. Welcome. Shall we move inside, Sir?" His eyes moved from my face to Elan's. "Yes, of course," Elan answered.

We entered the house and somewhat it looked magical. The floor was made of fine white marble followed by a long spiral wooden staircase. The place was filled with mosaics on the walls, ornate ruds, and carved statues. A dainty chandelier made of glass was hung from the center of the ceiling. The furniture looked like it was just bought today lavishly from a furniture store.

"Ronald, tell mom that the guest has arrived," Elan ordered the man. His butler, I figured.

"Soo..did you like it?" Elan popped in when he caught me admiring the place.

"Like it? I love it. I mean, it's so..so..unrealistically attractive," I said while Elan led me to the sofa and laughed.

"Your explanations are great, you know," he said sarcastically.

"Better than yours, you know," I teased back.

"Um..by the way, you..look great. I never thought I would also see this side of yours."

"To be honest, you look good too."

"I always look good, okay? Oh wait. Did you just give me a compliment?" He put his hand on his mouth, gasping. Such a drama king, I thought.

Before I could reply, Elan's mother came to greet me. She was in her late 40's, but still beautiful. A little pale too. Maybe because of her fluctuating health. She wore a brown elegant dress and curls ran down her short hair. "Oh hello dear. Is this Cassie?" She smiled at me and moved closer. I quickly stood up and hugged her sideways.

"Uh, yes," I replied shyly. I used to be a confident girl. What was happening to me?

"She sure is pretty, son," she said smiling while looking at Elan, and then sat down.

We talked randomly for some time after which she led me to the dining room. A long hall with a big glass dining table and wooden chairs. And foood. My stomach grumbled when I saw the table filled with the most pleasing and tasty looking dishes. There was enough food for me to last a month!

We were about to sit down when we heard a grumpy voice reaching us. A tall man wearing a brown, expensive looking suit, entered the dining area while talking on the phone. "It should be done! And get here as soon as possible," he snapped and hung up.

"We have a guest, I assume," he looked at me.

"Dad, this is Cassie," Elan explained.

"The one you told me about today? Hmm. Sit down. Let's eat. Welcome Cassie."