Chapter 20

"Woaahh!" Katie exclaimed as we entered the most luxurious place on Earth.

"Shh!" I stopped her from expressing her emotions so that our identity wasn't revealed. One of Robert Burten's men was leading us in the bar towards him.

That place seemed as if its every wall and every person present there was covered in thousands of dollars. It was filled with the most expensive things from one end to the other, from top to bottom.

The colourful disco lights along with the fancy designed bulbs were the only sources of light. The place was decorated with glamorous chandeliers, decent sceneries and beautifully carved walls. Not only this, but at the end of the area, a black luxurious piano sat. Soft music was playing in the background to give the place another pleasing touch.

As we took a few steps in our not-so-comforting heels, a glass cabinet filled with the most precious looking drinks came into our vision. In front of it was a long horizontal counter which was almost touching the reddish mehroon chairs, half of them filled.

The man leading us stopped in front of a pair of ornate, transparent curtains just across those bar chairs. He turned around to face us and stepped aside. He then gestured us to enter the delicately small portion of the bar.

Katie and I looked at each other and gulped. We could see two black sofas through the curtains with white dimonties on their sides. On one of the sofas sat a man busy in igniting his cigar and along him was sitting a young and pretty lady with a glass of wine in her hand.

The man was Robert Burten, I recognised. He hadn't changed at all. And the girl? Well, she would be one of the girls working at the bar, trying to impress the old billionaire sitting next to her, I assumed. On the other sofa were two suited men. One of them was holding a file and the other an Ipad. They must be his clients, I thought.

So we were right. This messy Roberti does messy things while sitting in his second home. Katie and my plan was also to reach Robert and explore his surroundings. Basically, we had planned to be around him, acting as charming ladies and catching him red handed while he makes one of his illegal deals.

Katie pushed the curtains aside while I started the hidden camera fitted in my handbag, trying to show that I was searching for something. I took out a small, make-up mirror and glanced quickly at my reflection so that no one would suspect anything.

We both entered Robert's reserved area. Sort of a cabin. "Hello handsome," Katie said while smiling and looking Robert right in the eyes.

"Well well. Who are these two beauties? I never called for anyone," He replied while smoking his cigar and then gazing at us both.

"Wouldn't saying that we are your die hard fans be too mainstream?" I replied in a fashionable tone and then started moving towards him.

"Hahah. Am I some sort of a celebrity?"

"I don't care if you're a celebrity or not, I just know that you still look young," I lied, winking at him.

"Actually he is a celebrity, Nora. I mean, who doesn't know about Robert Burten?" Katie said, faking my name.

"You little girls. What do you want?" Robert asked while relaxing on his comfy sofa.

"Just your time," I replied putting on a cute smile.

"Have we met before?" He asked, judging my face.

Oh no.

"I don't think so, Mister. I'm involved in the modeling industry so you might have seen me in the tv or something," I hurriedly said thinking of an excuse.

"We'll finish the deal tomorrow, gentlemen," He said while looking at the two men sitting there.

"No!" Katie blurted out.

Everybody now had their glances on that lady. I'm going to kill her, I thought.

"Oh, haha. I meant it's fine, you know. No need to transfer any important deals because of us," She managed to cover her mess up.

"I'm not transferring them because of you," He replied calmly, leaving us both looking pretty dumb.

We laughed a little, nervously.

"Now go on you pretty thing," He slapped the girl sitting next to her on her shoulder and she, along with the other two men, went out.

Now it was just the three of us.
Oh boy.