Chapter 7

A week had passed since I first saw Elan. He had been coming to see me every day. I didn't know why, but I still hadn't kicked him off.

There was something about him. Or maybe it was the first time that someone had showed this much interest in me. Whomever I turned down in high school, he hardly reached me again, because they knew I had the guts to punch them right in the face.

It was a pleasant Friday evening. I attended college and then went to work as usual. However, it didn't feel like any other normal day. I kept looking at the clock and the empty table on which my 'admirer' always sat.

That day, his chair was empty. I spent the whole evening wondering why he didn't come and visit me. Maybe he just gave up or something, I thought. I should have been happy about the fact that he left me alone finally. But I was surprised to realize that that was not the case this time.

I spent the whole evening looking at the main door, every time someone would enter, for Elan to appear out of nowhere. I actualized that day that I missed the way he looked at me. I missed his dumb acts to make me laugh, to impress me. I missed him spending his money and time in the hope that I would melt, I missed his impressive face. My thoughts at that moment made me worry. Afterall, I only knew that person's name.

Two days had passed, but there was no sign of Elan. I was forced to accept the fact that he was just having a little fun, that's all. I was thinking, well obviously, it's not like he really admired me. Hah. What a waste.

I hated myself at that time for having him on my mind for the last two days. He was just an ordinary guy doing his ordinary guy things. No big deal. I shouldn't have made quite a fuss about it.

"Here's your coffee, ma'am. Enjoy!" I pleased a customer by placing her order on the table. I turned around to head back to the counter when suddenly someone appeared in front of me real fast.

"Ahh!" I was alarmed.

"Hello there. Missed me?" Here he was. Elan being Elan. Oh my God, he was back!

My heart had started pounding fast. "Elan?! You..where have you been?" I asked him with a worrying tone. "Uh, I mean, you are back. Have a seat," I said rapidly, returning to my role. Maybe I was a bad actor, because he had started laughing. Shit.

"So you really missed me, huh?" He asked me while raising his eyebrow. I hated him for teasing me.