Chapter Thirty-one

"Hey, how'd you do in the surprise math test?" Annie asked me as we walked towards the roof for lunch.

"Ugh, I hope I did well. I was half asleep during the test." I told her as Momoi waves us over.

"Why? What's on your mind?"

"All I'm gonna tell you is that it's not a what it's a who." I said my cheeks getting slightly warm.

"Hi Annie. Do you wanna sit beside me?" Shin-chan asked. She nodded her head and plopped down beside him. They looked really cute together. I just wish he would confess to her.

"Um have you guys seen Tetsuya lately. I need to talk to him..... about basketball." another blush lightly crept onto my face.

Why am I blushing? It's not like have feelings for him... I like Daiki not Tetsu. Or do I like him too? Why do boys and love have to be so confusing and stressful?

"(name)." Ryouta called out waving a hand in front of my face. As I snapped our of my gaze I saw Daiki approaching us. This time my blush was so obvious Daiki started to smirk from thirty feet away.

"What?" I asked hoping I didn't miss anything important.

"Atushi was just saying that Tetsuya was sick for a couple of days, so he couldn't make it to school or practise."

"Oh." I said a little bit of worry taking me over.

"Speaking of practise... I was wondering if I could come and watch." Annie asked slightly looking towards the green-head.

"Sure baby. What's the reason?" Ryouta asked, smirking at her. She ignored him like she should.

"She probably needs to come and admire this hunk." Daiki said as he sat down beside me, the smirk still plastered on his face.

"Actually, I'm part of the yearbook committee and I need to take pictures for the sports section. I've done every sport except for volleyball and basketball." She said with a glimmer in her eyes.

"Okay, well we have practise today, I could probably get you in." I said as I acknowledged how close Daiki was sitting to me.

"That's great thank you so much." She yelled as she smiled brighter than the sun.

"Hey, Shin-chan I need to talk to you after lunch, before we go to our next classes." I said giving him a look.

"Okay." He nodded and continued eating his sushi.

"And I need to talk to you after practise." Daiki said wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

I started to blush even more now. I could feel his body heat. Thankfully the bell rang and nobody questioned me. Although I have a feeling Momoi is going to talk to me about it later.

"What was that about?" Shin-chan asked me.

"Oh...you know Daiki...always wrapping his....arm...around any girl he wants."

"Uh-huh." He said not believe my stuttering.

"Forget that. Focus on you and Annie. You have to tell her that you lik-mhmhmh."

"Don't say it out loud. Someone might hear you."

"Okay, but if you don't tell her by the end of school tomorrow, I will." I said and walked away confidently, for dramatic affect.

~_~_~ Basketball Practise ~_~_~

"Thanks so much for letting me take pictures for the year book."