Forgetting and Forgiving.

*AVA'S P.O.V.*

I awoke from my dream of Jace saving me,to the sound of faint music and slight snoring. I smelled my mate,but it might be a trick...But it's too real...Slowly,I opened my eyes,scared to see where I ended up.But,took in my surroundings. I found out that I was in a truck (From what I could tell),in the backseat, I couldn't see the driver or the sleeping passenger. My breathing was still steady,planning not to freak out.

'What could Matt be doing with me now?' The last thing I remember is people screaming in my face,calling me names and strobe lights. I looked upwards,towards a window and found we were driving. I quietly moved my leg,trying to make it look like I was asleep,but I guess the driver saw me.I heard them sit up more and saw their tilt the rear view mirror towards me... 'Nice Ava,awesome job!' I thought to myself. Looking up,with fear in my eyes,I saw not Matt's cold and hatred eyes,but Jace's angelic eyes. I saw him smile at me in the mirror,but fearing this is another illusion,I blinked a couple of times. Jace must have seen this and pulled over on the side of the road. He turned the truck off and turned his head around to face me. Sitting up,I noticed I was changed into a black hoodie,some of my black jeans,and purple socks.

"Sooo..." Jace awkwardly started out. "We're on our way home." He smile once again,but I was shocked. My dream was real... Then a grin of my own spread across my face. Tears prickled in my eyes and,shocking Jace,I 'rammed' him into a tight hug. I laughed and Jace took a second to respond. I pulled away and kissed him. A lot! We finally pulled apart and our foreheads touched and we just sat there,enjoying the moment. I closed my eyes for a moment. 'Free.' Finally. When I opened my eyes,Jace stared into my own eyes.

"I thought it was a dream." I whispered. His eyes went to anger than sadness and back to relief in a second. I giggled and kissed him again when I heard a small and very soft voice.

"Momma?" I stopped for a second and turned to face the now awaken passenger. In the seat was a sleepy,yet wide awake, bed-head,black haired-blue eyed boy.

"Zachary!" I whispered,my voice cracking at the end. We stared at each-other for a second,when we both went in for a hug. I hugged him so tight as he did to me. Tears escaped my eyes,betraying my strength. We stayed hugging for about five minutes when he pulled away and kissed at my cheek. I giggled and pecked his lips.

"Ewww! Cooties!" I giggled and shook my head.

"Boys have cooties! Girls don't!" Zach giggled and Jace snickered. I looked out the windshield to see snowy mountains and we were surrounded by trees.

"Woah,where are we?"

"Mountains!"Zach said as if he could rule the world.

"Damn,I wish I had my phone." I said still gazing upon the trees. Jace chuckled and tapped my shoulder. I turned to face him to find-

"MY PHONE!" I yelled. I kissed him again,don't judge,and grabbed my phone. I found it was fully charged and saw it had a game open,meaning Zach was playing on my phone. I checked the time 4:30.Jace turned the truck back on,but before we left Zach crawled into the backseat with me and was telling me about he wants to see a bear and other random things. He sat on my lap and I put my arms around him,happy he did not die and is feeling better.

*

Jace pulled up to a hotel and went inside to get a room. Zach was asleep on my lap,so I carefully moved him off me and opened the truck door. My legs hurt so much from not walking and being in a truck for who knows how long. I saw Jace jogging over to the truck and he smiled at me. He went to the back of the truck and opened the bed door. He hauled out a small black backpack and big black suitcase along with a deep blue one. I walked over to Jace.

"Zach's asleep." He nodded and went to pick up Zach. I pulled the handle up on the blue one,knowing it was mine and put the backpack on my back. Jace came back with Zach in his arms and gave me 'the look'.

"What?"

"Ava,I got these." Now it was my turn to give him 'the look'.

"Please,I can handle some clothes." He still gave me 'the look'. "It's not that heavy..." I tried to compromise.

"At least give me the backpack." Boys and their egos....

"Fine!" I handed him the backpack and he slipped it on over one shoulder and grabbed his suitcase. We walked in the hotel,towards the elevators. As we walked by the two girls who was incharge of the night,I'm guessing, was basically swooning over Jace and trying to make him notice them by giggling and talking loudly. I rolled my eyes.

*

Jace got a king-sized bed and I was so happy about that. After taking my glorious hot bath and changed into clean undergarments, a dark green sweatshirt,gray jeans,and put my hair up into a bun,I finally looked into the mirror and almost screamed. There were black rings under my eyes,from lack of sleep,and my skin was paler than a vampires. My cheekbones were more apparent ,from lack of eating and my golden eyes now looked dim and dull. I walked back into the room and saw Jace changing his shirt into a hoodie,due to the cold. His shoulder blades were perfect and his back was golden with his tan. He turned back around and caught me staring.

"Like what you see princess?" I blushed from embarrassment and he just laughed. I shook my head to get rid of those thoughts. Just then my stomach growled.

"I'm hungry!" I whined like a small child. He chuckled again and grabbed the room service menu. I walked over to him and we looked it over together. It was so expensive...

"Maybe we should share?" I suggested.

"No,get what you want. Don't look at the prices."

"Okay." I mumbled.

*&*&*&*

Don't worry,next update will be better and more exciting!