Surprise?

I wake to find Zach under the covers hugging my thigh,fast asleep.A mental 'aww' moment. I carefully remove his hands and pull him up so that his head is above the covers. I scooted him a safe distance therefore I could crawl out of bed and use the bathroom. As I try to sit up,I find Jace's arms around  my waist.I try pick his arms up and get out of his reach,but he pulls me into his chest. His arm's feel like a boa constrictor. About two minutes of trying to get loose,I poke him in the cheek. 

"Jace." A couple of seconds passed by and I whispered again."Jace?"....."JACE!" I whispered yelled. He opened one eye and smirked. Jackass. 

"Let me go so I can use the bathroom." He groaned. "I'll be right back." I pleaded. 

"Ugg,fine. You better be back though." I giggled and nodded. He let go of my waist and I crawled down the center of the bed and walked on the cold floor. I noticed I was only in a tee-shirt. 'Great' I thought to myself. I walked to the bathroom and shut the door.

Once I was done with my business,I washed my hands.I looked in the mirror and saw my hair was crazy with a capital C! I put my hair up into a bun and brushed my teeth. There was just a tiny scar where that weirdo smacked me. I walked back into the bedroom to see Jace asleep and Zach looking around the room. He spotted me and seem to relax. 

"Hi momma." He said. I walked up to him and kissed his forehead.

"Scoot cha' boot." I said in a fake scottish voice,making Zach giggle. I glanced at the clock,6:13 am the light blared. 

"Why are you up so early?" I asked him as he scooted over and I crawled in bed. He shrugged his shoulders. We laid in bed cuddling for about six minutes.

"Are you tired?" I whispered to Zach.

"No," He said shaking his head. "are you?"

"Nope,you want to eat some breakfast,then go for a walk maybe?"  I asked.

"Sure." He sounded bored.We both got up and I put on some black jeans with black flats.I think I'm turning into Jace.I kept my tee on and turned around to see Zach in some denim jeans and grey sneakers. I saw him struggling with his button-up plaid shirt buttons.I walked over to him and buttoned them up for him.

"Thanks." He said as we walked out of the bedroom door.We walked down to the kitchen and ate cereal. Once we were done,we washed our bowls,and started our pathway to the forest. 

"Do you want to race?" Zach asked excitedly. I hate running. But,why not,just this once. 

"Sure!" 

"3...2,"Zach counted."1...GO!" And we were off. I made sure he stayed in front of me,just in case something happens. We dodged rocks,sticks,and little holes on the path. Zach stopped and hit a tree.

"I won!" He shouted. I laughed at his amusement.

"Wow! You are one fast kid!" I exaggerated. He just laughed and I started to walk while Zach skipped along side me. We came across a creek and Zach looked at the frogs,while I looked at the rocks.  Every now and then,I would hear Zach saying 'Wow!' or 'ooo'. It started to get hot and we started our way back to the house. We were walking until I heard a howl. Quickly I picked up Zach and went behind a tree. Another howl. But,this one sounded full of pain and sadness. And trust me,I know the feeling. Zach and I crept through the trees,being lite on our feet. Howls erupted all around us. 

"Momma."Zach whispered. He started to tear up.

"Shhh,it's okay."Well I hope it is.

A blonde wolf emerged from the tree line. I picked up Zach again,fearing it would attack us. Behind me another brown wolf came upon us. Zach tucked his head into my shoulder and tears fell onto my shoulder. The wolf's circled us and stopped. They seem to mindlink  each other. I snuggled Zach closer to me. The wolf's looked me over once again and looked back to each other once again. Then they both howled loudly up to the sky. Zach put both of his hands over his ears. They howled for about ten seconds and stopped. 

'Thank god!' I thought to myself. The wolf's circled us again. About two minutes after their awful howling ended,I heard something running. I wish Jace was here to save me.

A figure came running from the trees. And guess who it was...JACE! My wish was granted! But, he looked worried and his hair was standing up,as if we ran his hands through it a million times.Our eyes meet and he seemed to relax. He jogged towards me and hugged me. We pulled away and he kissed me. The kiss was full of passion and sparks. We pulled away and he took Zach from my arms. Zach looked up at him and hugged him.  

"I was so worried." Jace said as if he was out of breath. "Why didn't you leave a note or wake me up?" Sadness filled his eyes,but I could not look away. 

"I thought we would be back sooner.I'm sorry." My wolf was angry at me for making him sad.

"It's okay,just wake me next time. Please!" I nodded and we walked back to the house. The other wolves crept into the forest shadows.

*

Jace,Zach,and I walked through the doors of the pack house. Jace put Zach down.

"So,are you guys busy tomorrow night?" Jace said as he avoided my gaze.

"No...why?" I question carefully.

"Well there's this alpha and luna dinner tomorrow and I thought we" We pointed towards Zach and I."could go together."

"Sure, do you want to go Zach?"Zach nodded.

"Great,then it's date!" Jace said.

*&*&*&*

I promise that the next chapter will be better!