Bumps on the road.

After Mandy was done,she handed me a towel to wipe the ultrasound gel off my stomach. I was beginning to sit up and Jace helped me into a sitting position,even though I don't have a bump yet.

"When's the due-date?" Jace asked Mandy. Mandy looked down to her charts and backup to Jace.

"Well since you are an Alpha,the process will speed up a bit." Mandy looked towards me. "Your bump will probably come in in a couple of days. Morning sickness will get worse and you'll  feel more hungry and get tired way more often." She looked back to Jace. "In 4 months," Mandy then got out a calendar."you'll be due on a Friday. Friday the 18th!" She said happily. 

"Thank you,Mandy." Jace said and stood to shake her hand. 

"Goodbye! Alpha,Luna." She said and bowed her head. Mandy left Jace and I in the room. I started to stand when Jace rushed over and helped me up.

"Jace,I can get up on my own." I said,whilst chuckling at his goofy grin. He helped me up and then looked into my eyes.

"Ava,I know you can,but I want to help. Plus,I'm going to be more protective. I have a mate,a child, and an unborn child to look after now. You are not going to be let out of my sight." He finished with a smirk.I just giggled and we went to the kitchen to get lunch.

*

It was past dinnertime and Jace was in his office working on paperwork,while Zach and I was drawing. I know we're cool. We told Zach about having a baby sister or brother and he seemed thrilled. I reached for a blue crayon,to color in my flower,when Zach sneezed.

"Bles-" But I got cut off from him sneezing again. And again and again.

"Zach are you okay?" He looked up from his paper and I saw that his nose was red at the tip. I stood, got the tissue box and wiped his nose. 

"You okay?" I repeated,but Zach shook his head no.

"Momma,I don't feel well." He whined.I walked over to his chair and squatted down in front of him.

"Point to what hurts."Zach pointed to his head,ears,and nose.  I was partly shocked. Werewolf's don't get the common cold and when did he get sick? "When did you start feeling sick?"

"Last night." His face did look a little pale.

"Let's get you to bed." I stood up and picked him up,so he sat on my waist. Walking up the stairs quietly,until I came to his room. I tucked him in and turned on his lamp,also making sure he had tissues. Turning back to Zach,I saw he was asleep already. I tiptoed out of his room and went back to the kitchen to clean up our mess. After I was done with that,I walked to Jace' s office and knocked.

"Come in." I heard him say. Stressing I opened the door and peered in. Jace sat at his comfy chair in front of his desk,bending over reading his paperwork. I walked in and quietly shut the door. When I turned around I meet my mates eyes from across the room. I smiled and walked over to his chair. When I was in his arm distance,he gently pulled me into his lap and kissed me. We both pulled away with smiles on our faces. 

"What's wrong princess? Stress is not good for you or the child." He looked straight into my eyes. I took a deep breath and cuddled into his chest.

"Zach does not feel well and he's really tried." Jace tensed up a little bit and took a deep breath.

"I'm sure he'll be fine. He just needs to rest." Jace kissed my forehead and I shut my eyes,listening to his pen writing. And I drifted off to sleep.

*

Feeling movement I awoke from my sleep. Peeling open my eyes open,I saw Jace getting into bed. He looked over to me and smiled. I smiled back and he pulled me closer. Jace turned off the lamp,kissed me,and back to sleep I went. 

*

I woke up with a headache and looked at the clock. 4:56 Am I read. I pulled the covers off me,moved Jace's arm,and got up. I walked to the bathroom and got a drink of water. Thinking a pill might help,I started to make my way out of the room.Once out,I saw Zach's door slightly cracked. 

'Go in.' Charlotte said and I went in. I saw him cuddling a stuffed animal and he seemed to shiver. I walked closer to him and pulled the blankets up,feeling his head. As my finger touched his forehead,I pulled it back. Zach's head was burning hot. I ran into my room and woke Jace up telling him to feel Zach's head and to get the doctor.Jace didn't even question me,he ran into Zach's room feeling his head and mind-linking the doctor,Neal. Jace came back into our room and changed into black jeans and a black tee.  Calming myself down I walked into the closet and picked out a gray hoodie and skinny jeans. After I put the clothes on,I put on my running shoes and walked back over to Zachary's room to find Neal and nurses rushing everywhere. I was about to walk in when someone grabbed my arm and pulling me back. Sparks ignited through my body. Looking up,I saw it was Jace. 

"We're not allowed yet." 

"Allowed?" I spoke my thought aloud. Jace sighed.

"Yes,allowed. The doctors need their room and it doesn't help with us in the way." He took my hand and walked me back into our room and sat us down on the bed. We stared into each other's eyes,peering into each others souls. Before I knew it tears fell from my eyes,but I did not weep.Jace pulled me closer and put his chin on the top of my head,shushing me softly. Minutes passed,though it felt like an eternity. 

"Alpha?" Neal spoke. Jace moved his head off mine and stood up. He turned back around to me and kissed my forehead.

"Stay here." He whispered and left. 

*&*&*&*

Hope you enjoyed it and let's get those reads up! But,I do love you guys and thanks for all the support! Stay tuned for Wednesday...