IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER II

*CHAPTER II*

*Elisha's Narration*

It wasn't really a good way to start off my day. Or shall I say, it's not a usual day for me. I felt weird to the fact that I'm gonna spend my day alone, without the one I used to call sister.

"I know how it feels." Rose tries to comfort me.

Rose is a nice friend of mine. At the age of 27, she sure did accomplish a lot in her life, from being to the best known author in town to the most favorite chef in a known restaurant.

"Have you ever felt like this before?" I asked her.

"Yeah. But you are luckier than I. I lost a sister. And I can never talk to her again. All I know is that she is in a better place now." She tries to hold her tears.

That's how I realized how lucky I really was. I know I should be sensitive with her feelings now. I guess it's better not to be with Sasa for a while, than to lose her forever.

I hugged Rose.

"Don't cry, don't cry." I whispered.

The chimes rang.

I saw a typical teenage boy having long hair, wearing a sleeveless shirt and a vest combined with an old jeans with hole on the knee part. It must be the guy for me. I knew it was.. Soren.

"Sorry it took me so long to get to you." His beautiful voice echoed on the room.

"It doesn't.. Really matter." I wiped off my tears. "Maybe we could stop by elsewhere? I don't feel good, really. I--"

"Shh.. Don't cry. I'll take you anywhere you want."

I smiled.

So Soren and I went to the nearby shoreline. It was 9 A.M. but the sun shouldn't bother us. We miss the sun after a few months staying in Denmark.

"You know, Sasa and I always stay here. We used to make sand castles and used to act as if we were mermaids. Isn't it funny how we used to act when we were little?"

Soren laughed. "Well yeah it sure is. I guess this place also reminds me of something. I bet you didn't notice anything in our family long ago?"

"Let me think..."

I did notice how Soren and Kevin aren't really close to each other. They don't look like twins, at least fraternal twins.

"I couldn't think well haha!!!"

Smiled Soren. "Well... Family problems. This was the last place where Kevin and I played together. We didn't really think we would face a difficult problem in our family. It was when our Dad found another girl and he and my mom often quarrel. We were 8 when they got divorced. Dad took care of Kevin and mom took care of me. Maybe that's why he doesn't even remember me anymore. Or maybe he got brainwashed by Dad that mom and I are not nice people."

"I'm sorry to hear that, Soren."

"It's okay. It's been almost 10 years since that happened. I already had gotten over it. I wonder how dad is doing right now."

"He should be doing fine. I'm sure he would be proud to hear his son is now a medical surgeon."

"I guess!"

Even for a while, I felt better. Thanks to Soren. I guess I should just be happy that Sasa will now have more time with her boyfriend.

Soren and I spent the whole day hanging on the beach. Pretty crazy but that's what Sasa and I used to do.

Just before nighttime kicks in, Soren and I agreed to stay at his house now since there is no one to stay in the old house I used to stay.

It was a 10 minute drive from the shoreline to his house. It felt like a normal day again for me. Although I still don't get a text from Sasa, how I hope she is doing fine on her trip.

"Here we are." Soren said.

A typical house with a small garden outside. Things never change I guess. I remember when his mom gave him this house when he was 15. That was 3 years ago.

I felt at home at his house, i got no idea why.

"Mind if I use the comfort room?"

"Sure" he said.

It didn't really felt like somebody else's house. It felt like my house too. I did things in a normal way. Cook dinner for us. Fix his quite messy working table.

Hours passed by, until it was bed time.

"Hey Soren. Are you sure there are no ghosts here?"

He knew I was afraid of ghosts.

"Nope. I lived her for 3 years now. Nothing mysterious."

I felt comfortable with what he said.

Since there is only one bed, we decided to share it.

"I should face the window." I told him.

The room was sort of like the same way Celine Dion's It's All Coming Back To Me Now video. But I was confident there would be nothing wrong that'll happen here. For Soren is here.

"Good night." He sweetly said.

I hadn't really slept at once until it was around 12 midnight. I was checking my phone, hoping to get a text from Sasa. But still, nothing received.

So I decided to take a sleep now.

After 5 minutes, my conscious is still widely awake. I felt something cold in my feet.

I thought it was because I was used to wearing socks at night.

Until a hand held me.

"Soren it's not funny how you hold my feet at 12 midnight" I exclaimed.

I reached my hand to the right, knowing Soren was there. I opened my right eye and looked at him and knew he was deep asleep.

It literally scared me since the hand is still holding me.

I looked at my feet and there I saw an old man, who looked like he got shot in the heart. What freaks me out is that it looked like Soren's father.

"OH MY GOSH! HEEELP!!" I shouted, waking up Soren.

"What's wrong?" He woke up and tried comforting me.

"There was... Your dad!!"

"My dad?"

"Yeah he looks bloody and he looked like he got shot in the heart. Oh gosh Soren I'm so scared."

I was already crying and terrified at the same time. He hugged me tightly, trying to let me know everything will be alright again.

"Don't worry, i got your back." He whispered to me and kissed my forehead.

He hugged me tightly until I calmed down and suddenly falling asleep... In his arms.

Everything still felt weird today. Should I get answers to it tomorrow?

*Please watch out Chapter III for the continuation*