IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER IV

*CHAPTER IV*

*Soren's Narration*

(Getting back to the other world...)

I never seen Liz so stressed like this before.

Liz fell asleep in my arms. It was already 12 midnight, and I could barely feel that she wasn't able to sleep well. I am just too shy to ask her much more about why she is acting like this. I am just her.. Suitor. A suitor. I wouldn't want to go with the wrong move or else I'll lose her.

But wait, why would I lose her when she was never mine?

I would want to admit to her that I have never ever loved anyone else, not even celebrities, when we first met when we were 7. She is the most intelligent, beautiful and kindest of all the girls in the world for me.

I think the rest of our band knows about what I feel for her. But of course, raised to be a gentleman, I know my limits. I guess I would need to wait for the right time for the two of us. I always wished and dreamed of seeing her as my bride one day.

I guess they're right. First love never dies. Or should I say what I feel for her is true love.

*flashbacks when they were at the prom night*

"Hey Kare, how are you doing?" I asked.

"Doing fine. I got good news for you." He replied.

"Really?"

"Yeah. Liz is here."

"The girl of my life is here." I told myself.

"Did you see her?"

*Kare pointed over the fountain.*

*Liz was wearing a simple red gown with a little bit of a makeup. She also wears a beautiful red chandelier earring .*

*Soren was pretty nervous as he approaches Liz.*

"Hi, Lizzy."

"Hey Soren. Thanks for persuading me to come tonight. I wouldn't have come but... I changed my mind" she blushes.

"I just think it would be fair if we would together enjoy this night." I smiled.

"Whatever. Haha. You look handsome tonight."

"Whew, I didn't even expect for her to wear red. Good thing I wore red sleeves too." I told myself.

"And you look beautiful too." I smiled at her. "Do you wanna go to the party now?"

"Sure, my prince."

We laughed together. It was a little bit cold night but I guess no one in the party feels the chill

outside.

The host for the prom said "Everyone! Get ready with your partners. It's tiiiiiimme to daaaaance!"

It was exactly when Liz and I came inside. Well we had no choice. We are partners. Everyone in the room had theirs, most of them, never met. I think destiny put us to be partners tonight.

We've gone from groovy songs, even love songs like Elton John's Can You Feel The Love Tonight until the song "Rebel Heart" by The Corrs was played.

"I love that instrumental." She told me as she put her hands on my shoulders and my hand to her waist.

Typical love song is playing. Reminds me of the last time I saw mom and dad dance like this.

"It sure is a good one." I believe we both have the same taste in music.

As the song goes into the "chorus", Liz put her head on my chest as we dance sweetly.

With an 18-year old boy who's 6"4' tall and a 17-year old turning 18 girl who's 5"11', I thought it was a perfect image for the two of us.

I wasn't really with myself today. Has everyone felt that very moment when all you ever think of is love?

Then Liz whispers "Soren, I think.. I think I feel the same way about you. I think I really do love you too Soren. I felt that this was true. I'm a hard to impress girl but with you, I always fall for you."

"I wish I wasn't dreaming." I told myself.

As the music fades, her eyes were really looking into mine.

As the party ended, I let her walk into my car with me.

"Thanks for the invite again. I really had a great time with you." She sweetly told me. "And yes Soren, in case you were shocked, yes I do love you. I will wait for the right time for you and I to face the priest while I wear my white gown. Always remember I will save my love and kisses just for you."

I smiled at her. I was really happy inside. The moment she told me she loves me too was the best moment in my life.

"I love you Lizzy" I said.

"I love you too." She replied.

That was my first kiss, and I believe it was her first too.

"Should I drive you home?" I asked.

"Sure."

I hope she wouldn't mind riding my convertible. Since it's a starry night, I think it would be best if I wouldn't put on the roof part. But her hair, beautifully tied on the back of her head, might get ruined. I know the party is over but, I love seeing her like. She looks so elegant. That's what I love about her. Elegant and smart lady.

It was a long 2 hour drive from the venue to her house. No car was in front of us as we drove the highway.

"Uh oh.." I said.

"What's wrong?"

"We are running out of gas. Do you know any near gas station?"

"That's 1 hour away!!!"

Exactly that time, our car stopped. Good thing we stopped by the side of the road.

"I'm sorry." I said.

"No it's okay. It's fun for us young people to somehow sleep under the starry skies, right?" She said. "But I feel a little chilly.. Oooh looking forward for having colds tomorrow!!!"

"Here, take my coat."

"Thanks a lot."

Then we both sat on the backseat. I let her sleep tight while I watch over us two.

Now I've proven it true that for love, you are ready to do everything and go through everything it takes to keep the one you love safe.

Watching her sleep for the first time made me realize that somehow, it wasn't always all about the persons who hate you, it's about the persons who care about you, who loves you. With Liz, I knew that behind all the conflicts we had in this life of mine, especially my never-ending conflict with my older twin brother Kevin, still there is a light on the other side of the world that I can rely on.

I realized, I was never alone.

*returns back to reality*

I kissed her forehead.

"Uh..." Liz said in a sleepy voice.

Oh no! I shouldn't be waking her up.

I looked at the clock. 12:45 A.M. .

I should join my girl in dreaming. I really should sleep. Liz and I got a lot to do tomorrow.

*Continued in CHAPTER V*