IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXIV

*CHAPTER XXIV*

"Look at how happy she is now." A tear fell off my eyes.

"Don't be sad baby." Soren took his handkerchief and wiped the tear. "I don't wanna see you cry... Ever."

I felt the note the waiter gave me fell off my pocket as I was about to get my hair clip.

"Oh. I almost forgot." I said.

I quickly opened the note. I don't want to get suspicions that the pregnant girl I saw this morning was Sasa. She looked like 5 months pregnant. This can't be Sasa.

"Hi. I sound familiar to you. And I guess I really am. I accidentally got pregnant with Kevin's baby and it's been 2 and a half months already before we get married. I thought you'd like to know."

I always had the guts that it was Sasa. The way she uses words. The way the penmanship was written. It matched how Sasa used to write letters for me.

"So you lied to me. YOU SAID YOU... Argh!!"

"What do you mean, baby?" Soren wondered. "I can't remember a second I ever lied to you."

"Oh. Sorry. I wasn't referring to you. I'm referring to... Sasa."

"So that girl can't really leave you alone? What else does she want from you?"

"I don't know. But I notice whenever I get money from my parents, she was always there. But when I ask help from her... She disappears."

"Oh no, baby. I tell you, that Sasa girl is just using you... I won't let her do this to you next time."

"Remember the prom night? When you gave me $1000 for my trip to Canada to visit my sick cousin because I left my wallet on the venue?"

"Yeah. Where is it? Were you able to get your ticket?"

"No. I mean... The following morning, I checked my drawer and it was all... All gone. And I realized that Sasa was with Kevin in Las Vegas. As I asked Sasa if she saw the money, she just refuses to answer and ends the call."

"Oh... That... Girl..." He angrily said.

"And weird thing happened. When Mom sent me $3000 for my monthly budget, I didn't tell Sasa about it. And I kept the money in my piggy bank. Never moved."

"See? That girl is using you!"

"I wish I knew earlier."

I continued reading the note.

"I heard you and Soren are already married. So I believe you two are expecting a baby already. Well anyway, something special will happen by next week. Check it out. But still, I hate you to bits. I wish you never existed. Just stopping by to annoy you..."

I really did get annoyed. I crumpled the letter and threw it away.

"Hello there. What's wrong?" A girl passing by the street asked me.

I replied. "Nothing. I was a bit annoyed."

"Anyway, my name is Rona Clarissa. Call me Clarissa."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Elisha. In short, Liz."

"Nice name."

She looks like 40 years old. I always see her following me anywhere I go lately. Maybe a fan.

"I shouldn't get caught."

"Excuse me?" I wondered.

"Oh nothing. That was... Nothing." She quickly replied.

"Anything bothering you?"

"Nothing. Believe me. It was my imagination."

"You know, you look like my... Friend."

"Sasa?"

"How did you know? Have we ever met?"

"Well, you know. You are a band member of MLTR." She smiled at me. "And I guess it's not an excuse for me not to know that, right?"

"I think you're right."

At the back of my mind, I thought to myself, "No one else knew Sasa and I were friends."

"Are we somehow related or something? Or maybe you're related to Sasa?"

"I don't think so."

"You look a little like her."

"Really? Thanks to surgery." We laughed.

She continued. "I gotta go. I'm late on my flight to LA. See you around." She smiled.

She walked away quickly. Soren and I again got suspicious of her.

"You know... She exactly looked like Sasa." Soren said.

"I know..." I replied. "And can you even look at her eyes? You can see she's hiding something."

"Do you think Sasa had something to do with this?"

"I can't conclude there is. But I am 60% sure she does."

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XXV*