IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER V

*CHAPTER V*

*Elisha's Narration*

I can hear the birds chirping outside. But I can hardly move. I'm still sleepy.

Maybe I should take a deep breath.

I slowly opened my eyes. OH! I really did fall asleep in Soren's arms last night! Nothing else happened really after my nightmare.

But worse is yet to come. How can I ever forget the ghost I saw last night? Everyone said I was the kind of girl who never quits until she gets what she wants. I must know at least a little info why this is happening.

"Good morning." I heard a sweet voice. It was Soren.

"I'm sorry if I-"

"No it's alright. It doesn't really matter if you wanna do it over and over again."

Funny times always goes between the two of us, since the day I confessed to him. He wasn't just my boyfriend, he was my best friend too.

But then still the ghost I saw bothers me.

"And regarding the other one. I'm really serious I saw your Dad.. In a ghost form."

"Really?"

"Yeah. It just feels like he was asking for help."

"I know I shouldn't let this happen to you."

"Was there anything bad that happened? Well I'm sorry Soren, I was just being concerned with the two of us."

"Well..."

I knew there was something that happened with their family. That scary look the ghost gave me was something I never seen on all haunted houses Sasa and I used to go.

"You can share it with me, maybe I can help even a little." I said.

"Well my dad, right before he left mom and I, he.. He cursed my mom saying that my mom will never find another guy better than him. Those were the last words I heard from him before he and Kevin left. Just a wonder how on the first few months of not being with dad, Kevin and I still used to be calling each other, finding out if there were any other way we could get mom and dad back together."

I felt something terrible inside me that morning, but it wasn't something I wanted to tell Soren. I dont want him to worry about me.

"Until the day came and rumor has it that Kevin got addicted to drugs and alcohol. He never came back until Dad got depressed. Rumors also say Dad committed suicide though it was never confirmed."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

"It's alright Lizzy, I was honestly never open to my family history to anyone. You're the only one to know. That's how my Mom took care of me until the Lord invited her to be with her when I was 10."

I hugged him tightly to show him I truly understand him.

I wasn't just a medical surgeon. I guess I was also an investigator. I now worry more about Sasa. Still it has been 24 hours but she never texted me. She even rejected it, just right before I saw the ghost. I know this wasn't about her.

It was about Kevin. He was a drug addict before. Soren didn't confirm if his brother was put on rehabilitation or not.

"Hey I'll wait for you in the kitchen. I'll fix the oatmeal for you."

I will try and call Sasa again.

*Calling Sasa*

Oh no! I can't call her! It says my number is blocked. No way! My sister couldn't do this to me!

Or maybe this is just a network error.

I should take a few minutes then I'll call her again.

While Soren and I were eating oatmeal for breakfast, I received a phone call.

It was Sasa.

"Hello Sasa! How are.. Sasa? Why are you crying?"

"Lizzy.." Sasa was crying.

"Sasa!!! What the heck happened? Tell me.."

"Leave.. LEAVE ME ALONE LIZ! FORGET THE FRIENDSHIP WE HAD. FORGET EVERYTHING WE DID, EVERY SINGLE THING THAT HAPPENED."

Even before I ask her why she was acting like this, she ended the call. I tried calling her back again. But here I go again,

My number is blocked again.

Now I wonder.. Why was she crying? Was this because of his boyfriend? I really felt very suspicious of Kevin.

*Author's note: The next of the chapters will be then NARRATED BY ELISHA.*

*AUTHOR's QUESTION: Since I won't be making a full background of Kevin, how do you think Kevin looks like?*

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER VI*