IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER III

*CHAPTER III*

(On the other side of the world...)

*Tanzalia's Narration*

Hell yeah! Goodbye Boston, hello California!

It seems like a new life for me. Hours of trip is so worth it! I knew it would be nice.

I can honestly admit I miss the cold weather Liz and I had way back Boston. It was an amazing Spring season we both had. Though I am tired, guess that I still manage to look into every inch of my new environment, my new home, California!

"Are we near your apartment now?" I asked.

"Well yeah.. Like 1 hour from now. Haha." Kevin laughed.

That's just my silly boyfriend. At the height of 5"8', I think it's just proportional for an Indonesian girl like me who's just 5"3' tall.

Kevin, born Kevin David Richardson, would probably the guy destined for me. I never met his dad, I only heard a few stories about him. I think he is just a man of few words.

He came from a middle class family, though I just know he had a younger twin brother Soren, Liz's siutor. His twin brother, was, I believe, was taken over their mom. No wonder they're a multi-millionaire in the UK.

Wearing a plain white shirt and walking shorts, he opened the door for me.

It wasn't that big actually.

In the wall, I can see their old family pictures, including the present one.

"Where's this one?" I asked him.

"That was the last birthday my twin brother and I had. I badly miss him. It was just a month before our parents got divorced. That was.. Long ago and I don't wanna remember him nor my mom anymore."

I knew there was something bad between the twins. I did notice about it.

"Can you do me one favor before I.. Kneel down in front of you and propose to you."

"Sure!"

Oh my gosh! I can't believe I'm gonna be engaged to the man of my dreams! Oh gosh I knew it! I waited for this for 5 years! Oh how I wish Liz was here.

"Once you get proposed, promise me that you WILL GET AWAY FROM LIZ. I bet you would notice that I didn't talk much about Soren? Yes that is my favor."

"What?" I told myself. "This can't be happening. Yes I love Kevin, but I couldn't put my back on Liz. Without her, I wouldn't be living anymore!"

*flashes back when they were 8 years old*

"Lizzy! Come let's swim while the water's high!" Little Tanzalia said.

"Sure!" Little Liz replied.

*Little Liz and Little Sasa swam until the water goes deeper and deeper*

"LIZZY!!! Help me!!!"

*Sasa was near to drowning.*

"Here! Take me your hand!"

"LIZZZZY!!!!"

*Little Liz held Sasa's hand and helped her get back to the shore.*

*Sasa fainted because of too much stress.*

"Sasa? Sasa please don't leave me! Sasa!!"

*Liz became a first aider, doing all her best to get Sasa back to life.*

"Li..z.."

"Sasa!!!" Little Liz hugged Little Sasa tightly and cried tears of joy.

*Sasa gets back to reality*

"I... I'll do everything... In the name of love." I answered.

Kevin smiled at me. I know it is against my will. I don't know which weighted more, friendship or love? Many people find it hard to choose as well. And I am one of them.

Kevin knelt down.

"Will you make me the luckiest guy ever by marrying me?"

I had many voices telling me to say 'no', but what can I do?

"Yes."

He put the ring on my finger. Hugged me. He will never see the tears falling down my eyes. I tried holding it, but I can't. I was crying as he hugged me.

"I believe you're just happy and you can't help it." Kevin wiped my tears. "I'll wait for you inside."

I was staring at the moon... All alone.

I must be the meanest friend anyone could have. Liz.. Wherever you are... Forgive me. I hope you could. I will understand that on this day, you will curse me.

My phone rings.

It's Liz.

I'm sorry, Liz. I already made the decision. I already made it. I made it for you too, to save you, and your loverboy Soren, from being under the revenge... Of my now fiancé, Kevin.

It might be a year from now that the Tanzalia Liauw you once called sister, will turn into the terrifying human monster, named Tanzalia Richardson.

*Rejects the phone call and blocks Liz's number on her iPhone.*

I'm sorry Liz.

I'm sorry.

*Continued in Chapter IV*