IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XVII

*CHAPTER XVII*

"Ha ha! This is funny!" I said.

"Yeah! Mikkel is a total clown!" Soren replied.

Yeah, Mikkel is really funny. He did really say I looked like a moving mannequin. Reminds me of the short role-playing we had when Soren and I were still 14.

Soren played as the shopper. Kare and Mikkel were the salesman. Jascha was the guard. We made our small tree house as a shopping mall. Weird how it sounds but we always dreamed to be actors and actress in Hollywood.

We even had a video of it. Our real first "amateur" video. We covered Starship's song Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now.

Soren and I were always chosen to sing the lead. But look at us now! Jascha takes most of the lead.

As I was reading the rest of Mikkel's letter, I start to make his story come alive in my mind.

*FLASHBACK WHEN I WAS 15*

"Happy Valentine's, Lizzy!" Soren greeted me, and handed me a dozen roses, a box of Lindt chocolate, and a letter for me.

"Wow! How sweet!" I said.

"Wanna go out for dinner later tonight?"

"I'll see what I can do."

"Hey guys it's Valentine's Day today! Let's give love to each other. Too bad Jascha can't come. His mother is sick. But he will be fine." Kare and Mikkel entered the room.

"Too bad. Anyways, Valentine's to you too, guys!" I smiled.

Kare and Mikkel both handed me their letters for me.

"Wow. Did the three of you talked about giving me letters?"

They laughed. Well, honestly, this is the best Valentine's day in my life. Someone remembered me. And not just one, there's 3 of them.

I was wearing my favorite red dress and my favorite red flats. I stand 5"8' while the boys stand anywhere around 5"9' up to 5"11' but I'm sure Soren is 6".

"Love the breeze." I told them as we were on the highest floor of the building where Soren and I would take dinner.

"And wait, before you guys leave, I have to give you these gifts, plus there's a note inside. I hope you remember me whenever you see this." I told Kare and Mikkel.

"Thanks, Lizzy. I hope your Valentine's this year is a Valentine's like no other." They replied.

Inside it was a teddy bear and a note for them. I really hope they would love it.

"What do you want to order, Lizzy?" He asked.

"I'll take lasagna. Hmm.. How about you?"

"I'll have lasagna as well. I'll pay the expenses for you." He smiled.

Just as our food arrived, the breeze became colder. It was 9:30 P.M and I am still with him.

"Feels like a date maybe?" I asked.

"Sort of. I hope you weren't mad about this."

"I'm not." I smiled at him. "Are you ready to wait for me?"

"Even if it takes forever, I will. My love for you should stand the test of time."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"Uh... Alright. I just couldn't keep it in myself now. Lizzy, it might take you time before you answer me, but let me ask this to you. Can you be my girlfriend?"

"Don't worry, sometimes the best things takes time, right?"

"I guess." He smiled though I felt he was sad too.

"And I guess I had to go."

"Do you want to bring you home?"

"That would be nice."

As we are getting nearer my house, I brought out a piece of paper and my ballpen.

"Thanks for the date tonight, Soren. I had the best Valentine's of my life, thanks to you."

"Anytime. By the way, here's another gift of mine. I hope you like this... Teddy bear."

"I love this! And oh! Here, take this. Good night."

I kissed Soren at his cheek, and left him a note.

"How's your date?" Sasa asked.

"How did you know?" I wondered.

"That Soren loverboy won't get his eyes off you every time you're around."

"Ha ha... Alright enough of that. Good night, Sasa."

Sasa and I slept on different rooms.

Before I take a sleep, I read my letters from the boys.

Mikkel's ending sentence, "I might not have the chance to catch the shooting star, but I know that star will come back to me, and will always stay in my heart."

Next letter I read was Kare's, then Soren's.

After reading Soren's letter, I whispered, "Don't worry, Soren. This Valentine's will also be the best for you."

I put his letter under my pillow, and fell asleep.

(ON SOREN's PART)

As he opened the note, here is what he read from me:

"I was only testing your patience. I think I already gave you the challenge. I won't have to make it too long to get my answer.

Yes! I want to be your girlfriend.

I told you, the best things are worth the wait.

I will be saving my love and kisses for you and only you. I can't wait for the day in the future I would be wearing white walking down the aisle with you.

Sealing this note with a kiss.

Lizzy xoxo"

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XVIII*