IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER VI

*CHAPTER VI*

*AUTHOR's NOTE: Like I said, from this chapter onwards, it will be narrated by Elisha.*

Gonna be driving for like 2 1/2 hours to reach the house I used to live.

For a very sensitive girl like me, I hope Soren wasn't getting annoyed of my attitude.

"I should get my things on my house. Since we both live alone in different houses, I think I should agree with you. We should live in the same roof from now on." I told him.

"That'll be cool." He replied.

We rode on his car at around 7:45 A.M., just as time when the sun doesn't go too hot. Since we are driving in open hair, I think it's best to tie my hair. It would be a total mess for a girl with natural wavy locks after the wind passes by my hair.

Looking at the road, I couldn't really remember how I got into Soren's house. But then I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

"I never knew your hair color looks amazing." I told him.

I was never into long haired guys. I had to admit, Soren is an exception to my rule. His hair looks, and really feels, so silky. And as the sun touches it, it turns into somewhat a cool kind of redish-brown. My cool style of brunette.

"It was what my mom tells me. I never really wanted to have long hair. But since MLTR came to our lives, I think it's best for me to be a little bit of a pop-rock star. Everything changed since the day we formed the band." He replied.

Sweet memories had never failed to put a smile on my face. I remember the day Kare, Soren's friend, offered the two of us to join the band.

It all ended up with Jascha on the keyboards, Mikkel on the lead guitar, Soren on the bass, Kare on the drums and percussion, and I, on the rhythm guitar. We all decided to take part of the vocals. I know it sounded weird. But the good part is that, everyone has the chance to sing their song.

We were all still working onto promoting our single My Blue Angel. How we wished we would top the charts, just like the wish of every new band in town.

It was a total silence between the two of us. Until I decided to break the silence while Soren is driving our way to the house in Port Euphia.

"I hope it is okay for me to ask. So you only had one sibling which is Kevin? You know I'm just curious if there was another sibling you haven't mentioned."

"Yeah it's just the two of us in the family. Even after the divorce, although Dad remarried, he didn't have any children."

"I see."

"How about you? How's your family?"

"Well, still the same. Mom is left there in the UK with Dad. I miss the Philippines already."

"We should visit there someday."

"I wish."

That's our usual talk. Quite boring to everyone else but for us, it's awesome. We talked the whole trip until we reach the house.

We both know we should stop by the studio to hear how the recorded demo for some songs to finalize our album. So I better pack my things as fast but properly as I can.

Soren opened the door for me.

Suddenly I got confused.

"I didn't know the door was left open." I told him.

I didn't get an answer to him. Maybe he just doesn't know why. And of course, silly me. He sure doesn't know why. He haven't passed by this house for 3 months now.

The way I saw the house was different. It feels like I can see ghosts of Sasa and I, of what we used to do before we got into our separate ways. When we used to make fun shapes out of pancakes. When we used to wake the other by hitting her by a pillow. When we used to play by our dog Taylor.

But something does feel different.

"Mind if we listen into the stereo?" He asked.

"Sure. There's a list of songs you can choose from."

It was so exact that Rebel Heart was the next song to be played. I didn't even know about it.

I was standing behind Soren, hoping to suggest if there are any nice songs to listen to that morning.

Just before the violin enters, he asked "Shall we?"

Good memories once more. Reminds us of the prom night.

Just as the song ended, Soren gave me a kiss. It felt like a sweeter kiss than what we had on that night.

"I can't wait to be officially yours." I whispered.

"It won't be too long and we will be for each other." He smiled.

Just after the song faded, there was a 30 seconds of silence.

We decided to go to the kitchen to have a snack.

Then suddenly the stereo played.

It was our demo tape for I'm Gonna Be Around.

Exactly the song played, I saw the words under the glass of our dining table.

It was Soren's penmanship.

It says...

"I really hope you won't get shocked by the time you read this.

Will the princess give the prince the honor of marrying him?"

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER VII*

*sorry guys for the open ending of this chapter LOL*