IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXXI

*CHAPTER XXXI*

I stood beside Soren as he was crying and rested his head down in the bed. I admitted to myself, as his loving wife, I could feel what he is feeling. The Queen might not be someone very special to me, but seeing Soren like that and knowing I couldn't do anything to make him feel better, that breaks my heart.

I hugged him from his back and laid my head behind his neck. "I'm sorry... I couldn't change this moment into a better one. I'm... I'm very sorry..."

He didn't say a word at once but he held my hand.

I, as well, started to cry. First, I really don't like seeing Soren so down and I couldn't do anything about it. And second, the only relative left who loved him, is lying in between life and death. If she passes away, the only one he have was me. Weird as it sounds, but it's true.

"Mr. Madsen?" The nurse said. "I'm sorry but the doctor asked you to please wait outside so we won't disturb the patient."

I was still kneeling down behind Soren and I could feel his short breath. I sense that he doesn't want to go yet.

The nurse said, "I repeat, Mr Madsen. You need to wait outside -- "

"Alright! Alright! We will. I am not a visitor here. I am his grandson. This is the first time I ever met my grandmother after 19 long years. Don't you understand it?" He stood fast and grabbed my hand as we go out of the room.

"Hey? You okay?" Kare asked, but Soren refused to answer. We continued walking until we reach the car which was on the third block of the car park.

"He isn't okay, I guess." Kare continued.

Soren sat beside me, trying to calm down.

"Tell me this is not happening. What did I do wrong? Why does it seem that everyone who loves me start to fade one by one?" He cried.

"Shh... Don't say those words... Don't..." I whispered as he laid his head on my shoulders.

"It looks like the world is abandoning me now. My own relatives doesn't even want me to be a part of the family."

I hugged him tightly, "Baby... Like I always tell you, I don't care if the world would abandon you, I will always be beside you. It's us against the world right?"

At that very moment I remembered all the things he told me, of how awful his relatives were, especially his dad's family.

*2 days after the 4-month old Soren was adopted by one of the richest couple in the world*

"Hello everybody. We're home." His adoptive mom, Mrs Evelyn Walsh said.

"Yeah. Home at last." His adoptive dad, Mr Andrew Walsh threw his backpack on the corner and sat on the sofa.

"What do you have there?" Trixie who was Andrew's sister asked. "No. Not a baby. You left here with just the three of you, including Kevin. It's just one week, Evelyn then you got back with that baby? Are you sure you want to adopt him?"

"Actually I wouldn't mind taking care of him."

"Well I wouldn't really... Never mind."

"And weird as it sounds, but this is Prince Soren."

"Whatever."

"Look, I'm serious. He is a royal baby. The Queen is his grandmother."

"I'm sorry but I don't even feel happy to welcome him in this family. Who is he to me anyway? You just got home a troublemaker I guess."

Evelyn looked at her furiously. "Don't you ever dare tell me he's a troublemaker. And I don't believe you. If you can't accept him then fine. I am the wife of your dear brother and you are just a sister. Do you get it?"