IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXI

*CHAPTER XXI*

Uh. Where am I? It's very dark. I couldn't see anything. I couldn't even move my body.

Wait! Why am I tied up?

And I could hear someone laughing like on the other room.

"You better let him watch her wife scream." Someone said.

"It must be fun."

I think there's 6 to 8 people out there. I felt really scared. I tried screaming, but all I ever hear.... Were echoes.

"Oh shut up, you idiot." A girl entered the room, turning on the lights.

I was blinded by the lights. I couldn't see very well. It was more of like waking up from a deep sleep with very bright lights on. And the laughter got louder.

"Well, well, well. Look at what we have here?" The girl pulled my hair down, making me face the ceiling.

"What the hell are you doing to me? Let go!" I angrily answered.

"Don't ask. You're on the test. This is how it would feel just before you go... To hell."

"I'm not going unless you go with me."

"Are you trying to annoy me?"

"No. I'm just trying to get the hell outta you!"

"Oh really? Then take this!"

I could feel she pointed the gun on me. Right on my head.

A guy shouted, "No! Don't do this to her!!! I can take the bullet for her if that's what it takes."

"Oh shut up, Soren!!!" She answered.

"Yeah, she's not even talking to you." A guy continued.

Soren? What! He's here? No, this couldn't be happening to me! I looked by the corner and I saw him, wounded and looking really weak due to the bruises he has.

The girl stood right behind me. Really, her voice is very familiar to me.

"Just please! Don't do anything to my wife! She's pregnant!" Soren exclaimed.

"We don't care." A guy in a bonnet punched really hard Soren on his stomach, getting him to feel weaker.

"How does it feel, Mrs. Elisha Madsen?" She laughed.

Shocked, I shouted, "Sasa? SASA?"

"Who else? "

"I knew you were trouble!"

"And I knew you were nothing but a dumb, little--"

"How dare you do this to me? TELL ME!"

"Didn't you notice? After all these years you were always the best! I was always the second best!"

"It wasn't my fault!"

"And you were always the crowd favorite. The whole band loves you, and one of them married you."

"What's the point?"

"The point? Today, I'll be called the best. I will be the crowd's favorite."

"Sure. I don't mind you jealous and insecure brat!"

"And I will wear the crown!"

"What crown?"

"What a moron. What do you know?"

"I said, what crown!"

She laughed, "I heard the Queen will get you there by next week. It's her last few months on earth and when she passes away, you and Soren will be the King and Queen. What if you won't make it tomorrow?"

"I will. Soren, I and our child will. You won't."

"What a dreamer!"

"You're nothing but a loser."

"What?"

"Loser. Loser. Loser. Loser. LOSER!"

"Shut up, I'm not joking."

"Loser....."

"I said shut up."

Angrily, Sasa hit me in my head with her gun.

"Like I said, you're never gonna win this time." I laughed at her.

"I had an idea." She looked at Soren. "Shall we?"

I knew Soren had an idea of what Sasa was planning.

"No, please! Don't do that to her. Don't do this to us. No, please, NO! She's 2 months pregnant! PLEASE, DON'T!"

Right before my very eyes, Sasa punched me on my stomach, leaving me hurting so bad.

I wasn't really crying because of the pain I feel, but the fact that I worry too much about our child, that's what made me cry. We waited for her to enter our world and fill our hearts with joy by just seeing her. What if it's.... Gone?

"Now look at you... Crying." She laughed even harder.

And I started feeling pain. Extreme pain.

"Lizzy?" Soren asked.

"Oh look! Blood. Look at what I'm waiting for."

"Lizzy." Soren look at me sadly. "The baby. No... It's... Gone."

I looked at my legs, full of blood. I cried hardly, knowing we lost an angel that should have been ours.

"What else do you want, Sasa?" I shouted at her.

"I think you wanted some more." She smiled.

She stood right behind Soren, along with her gun pointing on his head.

Someone blindfolded me afterwards. And that's the last thing I saw.

"You ready, Kevin?" She asked. Standing behind me, I'm sure, was Kevin.

"This is the last time you'll ever see Lizzy. So for now... Buh-bye Soren!" She said.

Breaking the silence, I heard a gunshot.

"Soren? Soren! Soren!" I shouted, hoping it was a joke.

And Kevin removed the blindfold.

"Fun, isn't it?" Sasa grinned.

My tears builded up on my eyes very fast. All I ever saw was... Soren... Facing down the floor... With blood all over his head.

"SOREN! DON'T LEAVE ME ALONE, PLEASE! SOREN, I LOVE YOU. SOREN! SOREN!"

"I'm right here, don't worry." I heard a voice somewhere. It sure wouldn't be Soren.

"SOREN! SOREN! I'd rather choosing death right now than to live in a world where you no longer exist." I continued.

"Ready?" Kevin said.

One last gunshot. I knew it hit me.

"Lizzy! Wake up, Lizzy! Wake up! Everything's alright." Soren woke me up.

I woke up while Soren was hugging me tightly, trying to wake me up. It's 3:00 in the morning. Not my usual time of waking up.

"I don't wanna lose you... Ever." I kissed Soren.

"I won't go. Don't worry." Soren wiped my tears. I didn't know I was really crying.

"Bad dreams had me lately."

"We should talk about it tomorrow, baby. For now you should be able to sleep. It's still early."

It was the worst dream of my life. I'm glad it stayed as a dream. Only a dream. And it should stay there.