IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XX

*CHAPTER XX*

"I hope he'd find a girl better than me." I thought to myself.

I told Soren, "Can you keep these in the drawer please?" I handed the first three letters to him.

Last but not the least, I'm reading Soren's letter.

Wait! I noticed that most of the letters talks about love. I'm sure Soren's letter would be about love as well.

"I hope you will be reminded of that time." He smiled.

"Of what?"

"I wrote it there."

"Alright."

*FLASHBACK ON THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, DAYS BEFORE I TURN 11*

"Alright class," our teacher said, "please welcome our new classmate, Elisha Campbell. Since today is your first day, I think I should let you guys do whatever you want. Tomorrow, lesson starts. And miss Campbell, enjoy your first day."

I was right there, sitting on the front chair. On my right was a really cute boy. He's familiar to me, but I couldn't remember his name.

"What made you transfer to our school?" His charming brown eyes looked at me.

"Well, Mom and Dad wanted me to study here in Harvard University. Since this is one of the best schools in the world, I think they wanted to give me the best education I can have." I replied.

"You never changed since the last time I saw you. Still an elegant and genius girl."

"Really? How did you know me?"

I couldn't remember him but he remembers me. What an awkward situation happening in my life.

His soft looking newly cut hair and beautiful smile really looked familiar to me. He was wearing white shirt and jacket paired with his jeans and Converse shoes. He sure does look a lot more genius that what he thinks I am.

"We met before, right?"

"Give me a hint."

"Sporty boy with a twin."

Suddenly, I started to remember him.

"So... Soren?"

"Yes, that's me!"

"Cool! It's like... Oh my gosh, you grew even more handsome. I think I'll never be taller than you!" We laughed.

Just like two old friends meeting each other again, what a nice feeling I felt!

"Soren!" Someone shouted at the back. "When is your wedding day? You and our new classmate seems to be sweet together."

There was two brown haired guys and a blond one who sat near us.

"Oh by the way, Elisha -"

"Call me Lizzy."

"Alright... Lizzy, meet my friends."

"We heard too much about you. No, kidding. We're very delighted to meet you." One of them said.

"Be nice to her, Jascha." Soren said.

"Jascha? Nice name you got, boy!" I smiled at Jascha.

"And I am... The Super M of this group!" Another boy shouted.

"Super... Superman?" I asked.

"He's just kidding... He's Mikkel." Soren whispered.

"Mikkel... Do you mind if I call you Michael?" I asked Mikkel.

All of a sudden, he got his phone with him and played Billie Jean. I mean, he is totally funny, he did some Michael Jackson move, and even did the moonwalk perfectly.

"You wouldn't want to miss this." Jascha said. "Meet our top notcher for 5 consecutive years, Kare Wanscher."

I shook hands with him, "Hi. You must be very smart."

"But I can sense that you are smarter. Soren ranks next to me and he tells that you are simply genius, like him. Look, you guys excelled at school and skipped junior and senior high. Look at that! Great great great grandchildren of Einstein!" He replied.

"It was a coincidence. And you think it's awesome to be like me, or shall I specifically say, have a life like mine?"

"I believe so."

"It's not what you think. I got bullied at school on the past school year. Physical and emotional bullying. Just because you're different doesn't mean you deserve to be bullied."

Mikkel entered the conversation. "Cheer up, beautiful! We are your bodyguards!"

The rest of the school day went well. And just after the class dismissal, Soren asked me to lend him the book I was showing him, Og Mandino's book, The Twelfth Angel.

"Reminds me of my mom." He said.

"Oh yes by the way, how is she doing?"

It took him a while to answer. That's when I sensed that there was something wrong. "She... She passed away last year."

"Oh. I'm very sorry to hear that. I'm very sorry."

"It's alright. Well I'm sorry, I think I had to go home now. I'll see you again tomorrow. Have... Have a great day, Lizzy."

"You too."

Little did I know, there was a picture of me inserted in the front page of the book.

The five of us parted ways and headed home. Kare and Soren lives 3 houses away from each other, so they walked their home together.

"Oh." He said as he opened the book.

"I think you and Lizzy are really meant for each other." Kare replied.

"How did you say so?"

"Because of all people who are most likely to be alike, why you and Lizzy? Plus, you love her, right?"

"Yeah."

"You know what? By the way she looks at you today, I can see it in her eyes that she loves you too. The way she smiles at you, the way she laughs at your jokes, it's all that I can notice."

"I don't want her to stay away from me when I tell her what I really feel for her. I can wait for the right time."

*RETURNS TO PRESENT*

"So you kept my picture with you all the time?" I asked him.

"I always bring it on my wallet. That's the reason why I always kept it. And sometimes, I stare at it before going to sleep. Honestly, I'll never want another girl if it wasn't you."

"Oh sweet boy, I'm already yours and only yours!"

"Oh wait, it's already 9:15 PM. I think the mother of my child should take a rest now."

"Oh yeah! I didn't notice the time."

A sweet expecting-to-be-daddy he is, he kissed my tummy, as if he was kissing our child.

"Hold on tight on mommy's womb, Jellybean! Mommy and Daddy are excited to see you in 9 months."

"Jellybean huh?" We laughed.

"Alright... Good night baby. This was one of the happiest days of our lives together. I know my child will have the best mommy in the world."

"Good night too, baby."

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XXI*