IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XIII

*CHAPTER XIII*

"Happy birthday Kare and Lizzy!" Our crew cheerfully said.

"Thanks guys!" Kare replied.

We did all have a lot of gifts from our crew and of course, from the band.

"I love Knowing! Such an awesome perfume. Thanks Mikkel." Kare said.

From big boxes into normal size ones, gifts were everywhere.

I heard Soren's gift to me was a date on the 5-star hotel in town. How sweet. And his gift to Kare, a brand new house 2 houses from ours. Wow.

Suddenly, I received a text.

It was Pei Jing.

"Happy birthday, Elisha! Also, send my greetings to Kare. I will be at your show tonight. 30 minutes more and I guess I will see you guys on stage. Don't forget what I always tell you! Add some oil! ;-) "

Sure it is a good thing to see my friend watching me over the crowd. Maybe she is on the front row tonight.

"Hey Kare." I called him. "Guess the cashier we saw the other day says Happy Birthday to you."

He replied, "Cool! Send her my gratitude."

It was our last practice before the show then gotta be on the soundcheck.

"I'm not an actor, I'm not a star.

And I don't even have my own car

But I'm hoping so much you will stay,

That you will love me anyway."

"Cool guys! Cool!" Our crew cheered for us. And positive energy was filling the whole room.

After our soundcheck, finally, the show is about to start.

"MICHAEL LEARNS TO ROCK!" We can hear the crowd scream.

None of us expected to have an audience of 500,000 on that show.

Just as we appeared on stage, we started playing My Blue Angel.

Same old thing for us, Jascha on the keyboards, Mikkel on the lead guitar, Soren on the bass, Kare on the drums and I on the rhythm guitar.

The screaming became even louder. I don't really know what they're screaming for. Are they screaming for us as ourselves, or was it because we are a part of the band they love.

Just as we were about to take part on the "rap" part, everyone was singing along.

*AUTHOR's NOTE: I will be using our initials for the rap part*

"Everybody sing!" Jascha shouted.

The crowd did sing along.

"S: The Middle East

M: Beijing Square

J: Gun control

K: Polluted air

S: The right to life

J: The CIA

E: The mystery of JFK!

K and S: Brutality and acid rain

M, J and E: Homelessness and so much pain.

K: Crazy times

J: Violent crimes

M: It's enough

S and E: To blow the mind!"

The rest of the song went very well than what we expected. The crowd knows the song.

The whole night went very well. Just as we are about to take a bow, there were 5 girls screaming so loud on the front row.

It was a tarpaulin, around 5 m by 2 m in size. It says "Happy, happy birthday Elisha Campbell and Kare Wanscher. From the whole city of Boston, Massachusetts."

"Wait, wait guys!" I said. "Oh look Kare!"

"Awww" He said.

"Thank you guys! We are touched to see you guys know about our birthday.

And whoa! The crowd started to sing the chorus of The Actor. And the five girls went into the stage carrying to cakes.

I could recognize one of the girls was Pei Jing. And the rest, might be her friends.

"Happy birthday guys!" Pei Jing said, hugging Kare and I. "These are my friends. Mhel Anacio, Siele Calumba and my best friends, Richel Rose and Elsie Manal."

"Thank you! Thank you very much!" I hugged Pei Jing back.

"Everybody sing louder! I'm not an actor, I'm not a star..." Mhel was on the mic, directing the whole crowd what to do.

Siele was holding Kare's cake while Richel was carrying mine.

After we blowed the cake, we gave all the girls a hug. They're just so nice. It was really nice meeting fans.

"This was the best birthday celebration we had, thanks to you Boston!" Kare and I shouted.

After the show, there was a short Meet and Greet portion just before we left the venue.

Afterwards, private life again. We dropped Kare and the other two to the new house Soren gave Kare.

"Bye guys! We shall see again tomorrow morning in our house." Soren said.

"Thanks, man for this house. Thanks again!" Kare smiled.

It took us 20 minutes to reach the hotel. It was a nice room as we arrived. It was a really romantic date. The moonlight was touching the floor and a candle was the only light I see on the room.

"So, when day comes that we would start our own family, any name idea for what we should name our baby?" I asked.

"If a boy, Stephen Jerome, or, hoping, a girl, Samantha Jemalyn Rose."

He has amazing name ideas for our baby. I can see he seemed pretty serious. I think it was just right that we will soon be married to each other. He is the only one I wanted to be with until the day we take our last breath. He sure does feel the same.

And mom was calling me on FaceTime.

"Hi mom!"

"How's my baby? And oh happy birthday! Tell Kare I'm wishing him a happy birthday as well. Is Soren treating you right? Well I guess I shouldn't ask. I can sense Soren is raised to be a gentleman."

"Yeah mom. I'm glad we met."

Soren and I smiled at each other.

"That's good."

"And mom?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you and Dad something?"

"Anything my baby!"

"Actually... Soren and I will be going back to Denmark by next month. Around.. 3rd of next month."

"Sure! You know we are always here."

"Mom? Dad"

"You know, I think the two of you looks good together as a couple. Can't wait to see my baby wearing a white gown while walking on the aisle."

"Mom... Dad..." Soren and I looked at each other. "Soren and I are getting married on July 7th."

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XIV*