IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXXIV

*CHAPTER XXXIV*

*Kåre's Narration*

I kinda love this room allotted for me. Mikkel stays on the other room while Lizzy and Soren are in the master's bedroom. I'm all alone in this big bedroom but it's nice since I could see the beautiful moonlight by the big window.

Nostalgia is the word for tonight. I brought my old memories of my high school days and family pictures of me. I miss the old days.

*REMINISCING HIS CHILDHOOD DAYS*

The radio plays.

"And we will build this dream together,

Standing strong together,

Nothing's gonna stop us now..."

"Come on guys, it's time for breakfast." My mom said.

"What's for breakfast, mommy?" I said.

"I got your favorite cereals today, my dear. I hope you don't mind."

"Cool, mom! I always wanted to have this." He grabs the box. "And I wonder if there are anything inside this."

She smiled. But behind that sweet smile are sadness in her heart.

"Have you told him?" Dad said.

"Not yet. It's not easy. After almost 6 years that we have him, I just can't let him go to another country with a nanny."

"Remember, honey, it's for him. His future."

"I guess you are right."

"Look mommy!" I cheered. "Free collectibles! I always wanted to collect these cars! Broooooom!"

That moment, I didn't have an idea about my mom and dad's plan for me. Not until after I finished eating and mom and I both went upstairs for a talk.

"Mommy? Did you see this?" I gave her my drawing of me as Attorney Kare Wanscher together with my mom and dad. She just smiled at me and didn't say a word.

"And by the way, I... I wanna tell you something, my dear." She looked at me sadly.

"What is it, mom?"

"I am... Very sorry... That I didn't tell you sooner that your dad and I planned to send you into a great school this September as you enter gradeschool."

"Wow!!!" I hugged her tightly.

"But it's not in Århus or anywhere in Denmark."

"What do you mean, mommy?"

She cried, "We are sending you to Boston, United States to study."

"But you're coming, right?"

"I'm sorry I had to break my promise."

"No! Mommy! You always said that you'll go wherever I go. Mommy! I won't go there unless you come with me."

"Please my dear -- "

"No mommy! I won't go there!"

"Listen," she held my shoulders, "there's five of you going there. If it's hard for you to come there, it'll be harder for me. You are my son."

"Do we really need to do this mom?"

She nodded.

"When are we going there?"

"T... To... Tomorrow."

"Mom!" I sighed. "I'm just 9 and I can't do this alone!"

Mom couldn't do anything but cry for me. I, too, cried almost the whole day, wishing the day I should say goodbye to her won't ever come.