IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XII

*CHAPTER XII*

"It's all our fault." Jascha confessed.

"You can't be serious. You just... No! No way!" I said.

I could really see how Kare felt guilty with what happened. "I didn't even know Mikkel would take it seriously. I mean, we adjusted the tightness of the strings to its tightest. We din't really mean to do this."

"No... No way! How about Mikkel's wound?"

"It was actually a cut. The pick Mikkel used wasn't a real pick. It is a thin blade that looked like a pick."

"I'm never gonna forgive you with this, Jascha. Especially you Kare! Especially you." Mikkel angrily walks away.

I couldn't really stay angry with any of them for long. I've never seen Mikkel this angry before.

"Mikkel! Mikkel!" I called him, but he refuses to turn around. "Do you even remember what you told me when Jascha and I had a fight? You said it's better to sleep at night knowing you don't hate anyone for any reason. You said that no matter how hard it is, forgiving is the best way."

Mikkel stopped right as he was about to open the door.

"And you know what? I learned so much from you. Don't you even notice? We are all lonely in our lives. The four of you not even having anymore alive parents, nor a reliable relative to depend on. But after all, us, the five of us, we all became a family. No matter how we hate each other, you'll know that in times of trouble and no one was there to help you, we were there. We never left. Or if you remember a day that we did, let me know. Correct me. 'Cause in what I see, there's none."

It was a total silence in the room again. Everyone seemed speechless.

Mikkel sighed. "I guess you are right Lizzy."

Finally. Mikkel is in his old self again. The same nice guy we used to know. The guy who puts light to us when darkness was about to invade the 4 of us. The guy who used to defend us from the bullies in school. The guy who once stood as our Daddy in the group.

"I'm sorry Liz and Soren. I wish I would have known the truth first rather than letting my anger rule over me." Mikkel smiled. "And Kare and Jascha, no matter how hard it is to accept what happened, I forgive you. I mean it!"

Everything went well again. Back to normal. Back to practicing.

We spent all day practicing there.

Everyone of us seemed to be enjoying it. We didn't really feel exhausted about it.

"Can I see the final list of the songs we would perform?" I asked.

Soren handed me the list.

1. My Blue Angel

2. Crazy Dream

3. I Still Carry On

4. Let's Build A Room

5. The Actor

Wow my top 5 favorite songs from our album is there! Whew! Reminds me of the taking of our video for My Blue Angel in Tivoli.

It was in a castle. I miss the day when Soren and I would act as if we were the king and queen. Jascha was the knight. And funny how Kare and Mikkel would just act as the crowd! It was an awkward moment.

Soren and I were there, in the balcony of the beautiful castle.

"Bravo! We love you! Bravo!" Mikkel and Kare cheered as they were standing in the front of the castle.

We felt like Kate Middleton and Prince William while we were in the balcony. Jascha was standing on my left. He sure does act like one knight. Or a body guard!

We were waving at everything, from the birds in the sky, to the random people we see 100 meters away from us.

And seriously, Jascha looks way to serious. He doesn't even give me a smile back.

Mikkel and Kare were goofing around. "Come on Jascha! You're gonna laugh too!"

Jascha refused to listen. He moved to Soren's side. I got no idea why.

And Jascha was standing still. With his poker face.

"Take this!" Kare shouted!

He took his sling with rolled mud in it. He was trying to hit Jascha with it.

Soren and I were still busy waving at everything. We have no idea what's going on.

"Thank you, thank you!" I said.

Just after I have given a flying kiss, something hit Soren.

Jascha and I both looked at Soren at the same time.

"Oh gosh, baby are you okay?" I asked.

The mud actually didn't hit Jascha. It hit Soren. On his right cheek.

Suddenly, we all saw how Jascha laughed. He wasn't simply laughing. He was laughing his lungs out.

"Right." I said, while we were leaving him alone in the balcony. Laughing. Hard. Yeah, the serious guy is laughing hard. Non-stop.

Getting back to reality. It was 8 P.M. and we just finished practicing.

"What's for dinner?" Jascha asked.

"Hmm... Vegetable salad." I answered.

"Cool! I haven't eaten it lately."

And there it goes again, the three are acting as if they were our "babies".

"Daddy! Daddy! Are you sleeping beside Mommy again tonight? Like... The other night?" Kare asked.

"Whatever."

"Really Mommy?"

I gave them the look again, trying to tell them to stop it. I know it's just for fun. Everyone was cool with it.

Three more days have passed. All we did was practice.

And finally, came the day. The day for our first gig. The day, when Kare turns 22 and I turn 19. Our special day. Finally.

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XIII*

*AUTHOR's NOTE: I will be choosing some of my loyal readers to be one of the casts for my next chapter. Watch out! It might be you.*