IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXXII

*CHAPTER XXXII*

I looked at him and held his hand. Mikkel and Kare both stood behind us, giving sympathy to Soren.

Mikkel pats Soren's shoulders. "It's alright, man. You won't lose us. You need water to -- "

"No, thank you." He replied. "I just need some time somewhere else."

"Are you sure you don't need help?"

"Yes I'm sure. Just don't worry about me. I'll be fine." He looked at me, "Come, Lizzy."

We went into the third floor and sat by the chairs near the big glass windows. It was sunny outside but we decided to stay there in silence. I didn't want to disturb him yet since he is in deep sorrow. The day that should have been the day he could be able to be with his grandmom after 19 years turned out to be a tragedy.

I know it wasn't just the royal family's loss nor the loss of the people who loves the Queen. It was also a loss, a big loss, to a boy who was searching for the love and acceptance his own family can't give him.

I knew the feeling of being unaccepted by some people, that's why I don't want anyone else, especially Soren, to ever feel awful about it.

I checked on my iPhone and I got one text message from my best friend, Pei Jing.

"Hey, I heard about what happened." She says. "I'm sorry for the loss. Our hearts go to both of you."

Somehow, I felt a little enlightened that a fan of ours, who is now my best friend, sees me more than just a public figure. She seems like my... Older sister!

"Baby... I am very sorry for what happened. I know you don't deserve this." I broke the silence. "I couldn't say anything else to help you get through the bad times, because I know I wasn't at the right place to just say 'everything's gonna be alright'."

He smiled a little for a few moments but sadness was still on his eyes. I couldn't blame him about this.

I continued, "But you know me, I can promise I will stand by you through this. I'll never ever let you get through the bad times alone. Even if we're between life and death, I'll take that challenge with you, win or lose. I love you, Soren Madsen... Forever... And a day."

We hugged each other tightly. "I know you do, babe. Your actions speak for themselves." He said. "I'm sorry I always got you going through these stupidness and troubles of mine."

"Shhh... You don't own all the problems in the world. Don't worry, there will be more people who will love you as you are... Not too long from now."

"Who? I only have you. And my pals, you know, Mikkel, Kare and Jascha."

"Your children... It's less than 8 months more till you meet them. You know, as a proud mother to your children, I could feel how eager they are to meet you already."

He laughs. "Yeah. I guess you're right." He holds my tummy, "Hold on tight to mommy, my little angels, which I would nickname as Jem and Stephen. Mommy and Daddy loves you."

"You read dreams, huh?"

"Why would I?" He wondered.

"I dreamed about it. Just before Mikkel woke me up. I dreamed that we had a great Christmas with our friends, I mean, our pals, and our two lovely children. Stephen looked like you and same goes with Jem, she looked like me."

"So your dreams predict the future?"

"Not really. I didn't dream about any of these. Too bad I didn't dream about you asking me if I want to be your girlfriend, neither with the wedding. But luckily I see you in my dreams every night. And a lot more lucky to know you're still the perfect man for me even after I wake up. Yeah... Really... You were always in my dreams every night."

A guy sings like 5 meters away from us on that lonely place of the hospital.

"Every night in my dreams, I see you, I feel you, that is how I know you go on." We looked behind and we saw Mikkel singing.

Kare followed, "Far across the distance," he points out our distance from them, "and spaces between us. You have come to show you go on."

"Sing along with us, Lizzy. Sing for Soren." Mikkel directed.

Suddenly, Pei Jing appeared from Mikkel's back. We both sang the next lines as I looked at Soren and smiled.

"Near... Far... Wherever you are, I believe that the heart does go on. Once more, you open the door and you're here in my heart and..." Pei Jing stopped singing and left me singing the last line to Soren.

"My heart will go on and on..."

All of a sudden, Soren kissed me sweetly.

"Am I seeing Rose and Jack kissing? Oooooh can I have an autograph please?" Mikkel jokingly said.

"Thank you for making me the luckiest guy ever." He said softly.

"And I was the luckiest girl ever."

"Let's continue the song! Come on guys! Wake up!" There goes Mikkel again, acting like a director. But he sort of can be a good director. "Lizzy, you lead it. Whoever wants to go next her can continue."

I was looking at Soren while I was singing. "Love can touch us one time and last for a lifetime and never let go till... We're gone."

I looked at Mikkel like I didn't know who will follow, but all of a sudden, it was Soren who did.

Soren held my hands and started singing. "Love was when I loved you..."

Mikkel, Kare and Pei Jing all giggled like teenagers seeing their favorite couple on TV.

But Soren continued singing, ignoring the three. "... One true time I hold to, in my life will always go on. Near... Far... Wherever you are, I believe that the heart does go on. Once more, you open the door." He put my hands in his heart, "... And you're here in my heart and my heart will go on and on."

"The last few lines of the song? Duet! Duet! Duet! Duet!" The three of them were screaming.

"You start." Soren said.

"You're here, there's nothing I fear"

"And I know that my heart will go on."

And we both started singing together. "We'll stay forever this way, you are safe in my heart and my heart will go on and on!"

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! The ship is about to sink!" Mikkel dragged Pei Jing and let her stand on the chairs. "Just stay there on the boat. Jack... I mean Jascha... He's not around here. He is the reason why we hit the iceberg."

"Wait, Mikkel. Please calm down." Pei Jing said.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! The water is rising!"

She sighed and decided to go down the ground floor, leaving Mikkel on the third floor.

"Alright. I'll calm down. Just don't leave me here guys. I'm scared as a lost kid!"

"Just follow us." I smiled.

"Where?"

"Soren wants to see his grandmom before they put her on the coffin."

"Oh... Okay!"

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XXXIII*