IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXII

*CHAPTER XXII*

"Last time I saw you and Soren, you were both so little, now... You're both so tall. And look at Mikkel, Kare and Jascha. Where's the kids I once called 'baby'?"

Our 42-year old best friend came to meet us in a nearby restaurant. She is now our backup musician for our upcoming world tour.

"Got kids already?" Mikkel asked.

"Unfortunately, nope. I'd rather adopt one but I'm too old for that." She answered.

I felt sad how she didn't get a baby. She was the nicest person I've ever met.

"Look at that!" She saw our wedding ring. "So is it really true that Ms. Elisha Campbell is now Mrs. Elisha Madsen?"

"Yes." I smiled at her.

"Wish you both to have a lot of babies."

"2 would be nice. That's all I can handle." I laughed.

"Hmm..." Mikkel cleared his throat. "Baby bump!"

"Seriously? Lizzy?" She was surprised.

"Yes. Due date is April 17."

"Your parents are gonna be proud to be grandparents, Lizzy. And the Queen of England would be delighted to be a great grandmother."

"Queen? Of England?"

"Oh my dear, I thought you were my other friend." She exclaimed.

Thoughts came once more within us, all about Soren's descendants. I knew that friend of ours knew something about it. There's gotta be people who knows about this.

Soren continued, "Talking about the royal things, have you got an idea about my... Royal descendants?"

"Royal?" She laughed but I noticed doubts in her eyes. "Nah, they must be kidding you."

"But something bothers me. I never heard of my grandparents. Ever."

"That's weird." She replied as she was looking at her phone.

"What's weirder is that, my mom's maiden name matches the same name as that woman the Queen was searching. Weird huh?"

She looked at Soren. I had the guts that she knows something about this. "Don't stress yourself out, Soren. What matters is that, you're gonna be a daddy to Lizzy's child."

"Madame. Sir. What's your order?"

The waiter, probably stands 5"10' with long blond hair approaches us. Even afar, you could say he has blue eyes. Same way as Mikkel's.

"Kare, you handle our orders. You already know it." Mikkel told Kare.

The thing that bothers me most is that, that waiter kept looking at Soren and I as if we were criminals.

"I feel like there's something wrong with this guy, baby." I whispered to Soren.

"I notice that too. Don't worry, we'll be out here after we finish eating."

Smiled Kare, "Thank you... Jordan."

Kare continued, "Since you you got a baby bump, I ordered their special vegetable salad. I hope you don't mind."

"It's okay. And thank you." I smiled at him.

"Madame Campbell?" Jordan got back at our table. "Someone left this note for you yesterday."

"Oh really? Thank you."

Soren got suspicious of the note. I could see it in his eyes. Sure, he is protective of me and I am thankful for that.

And I felt special that time. We were the only ones in the restaurant that morning. All of a sudden, a Michael Jackson song played.

And here goes Mikkel again. And this time, with Kare and Jascha.

If you could imagine what Michael was wearing on the music video, it's almost the same way of what Mikkel was wearing. The three guys ran into the open area of the restaurant.

It was a really cute mini performance of the three.

"No one can beat my state of the art moonwalk!" Mikkel shouted, and really did the moonwalk.

"Behold! Mikkel Jackson!" He continued.

"You really can't get over that name huh?" Soren asked but Mikkel ignored him

"This is a tribute to him, duh!" Jascha answered.

I had no idea how they danced in a synchronized way. We never heard them practice the song. I felt that Michael was living inside of them. You could barely see how awesome they were in dancing.

"Wanna join?" Mikkel asked me.

"No, thank you. I'd rather be the crowd cheering for you. I am never good at dancing."

"Never good at dancing. Like you and Soren won the dance competition 3 months ago?"

I couldn't find the nicest way to tell Mikkel I wasn't in the mood for dancing yet. "Baby bump, remember?"

"Oh alright. Since you are Soren's queen, I'd rather be like Michael on Remember The Time."

"Do you remember girl? On the phone, you and me, till dawn, till three. Oh what about us, girl?"

But I gotta say, they really dance very well. They are simply talented.

"Play another Michael Jackson song please!" Mikkel shouted.

"No please, don't." I continued. "We better take our meals now."

"Have you heard about The Actor?"

"What do you mean?"

"It was a big hit."

"I hope so. We just released it."

"In the Philippines!" She raised her voice.

"What about it?"

"I had my friends from there, telling me your song was played in all radio stations there."

"That's cool."

"I wish they'd recover early."

"Why? What do you mean?"

"Haven't you heard about it? There was an earthquake there. A lot of people were affected."

"No way. You must be kidding me. Where?"

"In Cebu and Bohol if I had it right. It's all over the news. Haven't you heard it?"

"Oh gosh! I got a friend from there." I looked at the boys. "Is there anything we could do to help?"

"How about a charity show there? They're already requesting us since yesterday. I haven't answered them yet." Kare answered.

"I love your suggestion. Can you call him up? But wait, have we got appointments next week?"

"We're free in the next few weeks before the kick of our world tour. Why?"

"We better go there."

"So... Are we going to the Philippines too in a week or two?" Our best friend asked.

"We need to do so. And you know Soren and I are really...."

I looked by the window beside me and a young pregnant lady caught my attention. She looks a lot like Sasa. But it can't be her. She got bruises all over her face.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing I just thought I saw.... Never mind."

"You sure you're okay?"

"Very sure."

From that moment, I had hopes that the note was from no other than... Sasa.

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XXIII*