IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XIX

*CHAPTER XIX*

It's 8 o' clock and it's near my bedtime. But I guess I'll have to move it by 9 o' clock. There's two more letters that I need to read, Jascha's and Soren's. I think I'll save Soren's the last. Save the best for last maybe?

Here it goes.

"Dear Lizzy, I wonder if you ever notice something with our songs. "

It was the first sentence of the letter. Must be something to read. I honestly don't notice something with the songs he writes, not until I continued reading his letter.

*8 MONTHS AGO...*

The five of us were in the recording studio, ready to record our very first album as a band.

"Shut up, Soren. I'm writing a song." Jascha said in an angry voice.

"And we can build this dream together, stand this song forever, nothing's gonna stop us now!!!" Soren was singing his lungs out, disturbing Jascha.

Jascha walked to the room where I was in, practicing on my guitar.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Your boyfriend has gone nuts again!" He frowned.

"Don't worry, I'll tell him." I approached Soren, "Babe? Mind helping me with the rhythm guitar? I mean, I think I'm not good at playing it."

"Sure."

Soren and I were busy with making the rhythm of a random song for the album, while Jascha was still out there, busy writing a song.

It was like "mind your own business" being applied to almost all of us. Kare is practicing on the drums and Mikkel on the lead guitar.

Little did we know that what Soren and I composed was exactly for the song Jascha is currently writing.

"I love the rhythm. It's so smooth." I said.

"And soft." He added.

There was not much talking in the room. While Kare and Mikkel are on the other room, Jascha, Soren and I share one quiet room.

"I don't know why... But I feel really sleepy like I didn't have enough sleep." I yawned

"Want Starbucks?" Soren asked.

"No, thank you. It might cost you a lot."

"It's alright, baby. I'll drop by the Starbucks store by the street and I'll get you one."

"I wish I could give you the love you give me. The way you treat me is like, I'm a princess. If a princess could just do anything for her prince."

"You don't have to, Lizzy. You don't have to. The love you're giving me is priceless. Don't stress yourself out, okay?"

"Okay."

"Be right back, baby!" He kissed me on my forehead.

So that's how an uptown girl meets an uptown boy. Yeah, I admit, we are both born with silver spoon on our mouths. We were both children of the 2 wealthiest family ever lived. We never knew how it feels to be playing in the mud like other children in town, we never knew how it feels to study in a public school, never even played in the rain. Our parents were really strict, but here we are, inheriting all the wealth, all the business, all the properties they had. Since Soren's mom died and she won the divorce case, his dad didn't get a penny from his mom's wealth, which ends up Soren being a really wealthy boy at age 10.

And in my family, Mom and Dad both came in rich families as well. I think I'm lucky enough to be the only child of them. For sure I'll inherit the riches. But I guess it has a downside. How am I being able to spend them all before I die one day? I think it would just get me stress, so sometimes, I refuse to think about it anymore.