IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER XXV

*CHAPTER XXV*

Two more days before we head off to the Birmingham Palace. I'm excited and at the same time, I'm gonna miss home and Denmark. I haven't stayed here for years and here I am again, leaving Denmark for a while.

We were invited to be a part of Oprah's show recorded in Denmark this week. I'm sure it'll be aired by Sunday. I'm excited to watch myself this Sunday. Hopefully.

"In three. Two. One." The director signaled.

"Good evening everyone." Oprah said. "I am going to be interviewing the most successful Danish band to ever conquer the world though their music. With their latest single, My Blue Angel, give it up for Michael Learns To Rock!"

"Good evening." I greeted her.

"Good evening Lizzy. How is the band doing lately?" She asked.

"Well," Kare replied. "We are sort of busy preparing for our world tour maybe by next month..."

The crowed cheered loudly.

He continued, "Yes, by next month. For today, we are looking forward for donating to the earthquake victims in the Philippines."

I replied, "Yeah. I felt sad when I heard the news and I then asked the band for sending donations to the victims."

"You're a half Filipina, right?" She asked.

"Yeah. Well, I mean, my parents are both Filipinos and I was born on the UK. I don't know... My life is a little bit confusing. Like, I am a Filipina in blood, born in London, raised in Århus (Denmark), studied in Boston."

"Whoa. Anyway, tell me more, how did the band meet one another?"

"The five of us were classmates in college and really, Jascha was the first one to ask us if we wanted to form a band. Kare took the drums, Soren with the bass, Lizzy on the rhythm, I on the lead and lastly, Jascha on the keyboards." Mikkel answered.

"We all take leads in some songs." Kare added.

"What's your inspiration in writing songs?"

"Daily life." Jascha replied.

"Oh, right. Nice answer. Personal lives. Is any of you in a relationship at the moment?"

Soren and I looked at each other.

"For today, the three of us [Mikkel pointed at himself, Jascha and Kare]."

"So I guess Soren and Lizzy are in a relationship? Maybe a fan or something?"

"Actually they're..." Kare looked at me.

"They're both married to each other. Elisha Campbell is now Elisha Madsen." Mikkel continued.

"Really?" Oprah was shocked.

"Proof." Kare took my left hand and showed the wedding ring.

"When was the wedding?" She asked.

"Last July 7 in Århus. We made it a private one." Soren said.

"What's the best thing you like about Lizzy? And likewise."

He answered, "I fell in love with Lizzy when we were 10. Though, yeah, we know each other since we were 7 though our parents. She got the brains, the beauty and the attitude all in one. Since then, I became loyal to her and never looked over other girls."

"Soren is a genius guy and a gentleman." I added. "And best thing is that, he is a loyal lover. When a loyal lover meets another loyal lover like him, what more can we ask?"

"Any baby coming your way?"

"Expecting parents. Due date is April 1." I smiled.

"Cool. How about the tour? I mean, how do you handle showbiz and your baby bump at the same time?"

"Well, I always make sure I don't get too stressed, got enough sleep and healthy diet." I smiled at her.

"And for the tour, I would temporarily take over the rhythm guitar and Lizzy will be on the keyboards. Switching instruments. But we should get back to normal after Lizzy gives birth."

"You know what guys? A few people I contacted to two or three days ago, they sent me a video which is I think about you. And I invited them to be in the crowd."

"Really?" Mikkel whispered.

"Check out this video, guys."

*Video plays*

"Hello MLTR. I am Richel and my best friend, Elsie. We've had the time of our lives during your concert last month. I wouldn't meet such true friend as Elsie if I never knew MLTR. Thank you!"

"Hi. I'm Sonya. 42 years of age. I always say the goodness of music is starting to vanish nowadays. But you proved me wrong. On the release day of your album, I got my copy. I always play this on my car with my husband. Now I got my family to become fans of you too."

"Hi Jascha, Kare, Lizzy, Soren and Mikkel! Yeah special mentions. It's Pei Jing again here. I graduated senior high as the top notcher of the class last month and I wouldn't had it without you. I was inspired by the fact Jascha and Mikkel are engineers, Kare is an international lawyer and Soren and Lizzy are medical surgeons. I will be taking accountancy as my course in college. Wish me luck guys!"

"Engineers. Lawyer. Medical surgeons. Wow." Oprah whispered to us.

"Hello, hello, hello! I am Carlina and I gave birth to a boy last month. I named him Michael because I know he will be as amazing as you are, guys. Best of luck to your career! And don't worry, I will be coming to your show in Belgium. You will meet Michael."

"Hello. I am Via and I am a breast cancer survivor. My relatives abandoned me when they knew I had cancer and it was a miracle how I went from seriously ill to being perfectly fine. All I ever did was listening to your songs for me to become strong. I thank you for giving me the inspiration to hold on. I am now working in Apple as an accountant. I wouldn't have hold on without you."

The crowd again cheered as the video finished.

"That was... Oh my God. These people are truly inspirational. I personally am a fan of this band." She smiled at us.

"Wow seriously?"

"And my whole crew decided to come to your show, front row, on your 10 shows in the USA and 3 shows in the UK. You should meet them backstage."

"Thank you. We will also be donating half of the money we will earn in our concerts in the USA to the Philippines so we are asking everyone to please help us raise donations." Kare said.

"Anything else you wanted to say before we end the show?"

"Well, first of all," I replied "On behalf of the band, I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who supported us. We try our best to reach out to each and every fan of ours. And to our fans in the Philippines, don't worry, you are never alone. Peace, love and respect."

"Thank you. Before they leave, they would be performing one of the most requested song in their debut album, give it up! Michael Learns To Rock in The Actor. BUT before all of these, we got a little surprise for you."

The crowd wondered and became quiet.

"To all of you here, watching this show, we will be giving away tickets to their show in Copenhagen, the very first show in their world tour."

Even us as a band were surprised about it. Oprah never told us about this. All we ever knew was our show in Copenhagen was sold out within 4 hours.

"Once again, give it up for Michael Learns To Rock!"

From that moment on, Jascha and I officially switched instruments. We didn't had a hard time using a different instrument. We are all used with playing instruments apart from what we play on stage.

Oprah was sitting on front of the stage. Just like the shows we had before, the crowd sang along with us, including Oprah. It was one of the best days of our career and of our lives.

We can't wait to get it aired by Sunday.

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XXVI*