IT'S COMPLICATED - CHAPTER X

*CHAPTER X*

Someone is staring at me...

Someone is really staring at me.

I wasn't really scared about it.

But wait I hear weird noises. It's just 3 A.M in the morning. Just an hour after I tried sleeping. I guess I did. For at least 2 hours. The boys must be deep asleep. Everything else was quiet in the house, except for the footsteps I hear on the right side of the room.

Soren is still sleeping tightly. But I couldn't move. He was still lying on my chest. One move and I'll wake him up. Oh well. I checked his temperature and yes! It goes back down to 36.5 degrees. Thanks to the Lord! He heard my prayers.

Since I couldn't sleep much longer, I decided to stay awake until dawn and Soren wakes up. But the footsteps I hear really gives me the chills. I was looking around the room and there was no one else out there. I thought I was only dreaming.

And I guess I really am not.

I can hear the footsteps walking outside of the door of the room. I thought it was the end of it. I thought it was the end of everything horror.

And I was wrong.

The door opened slowly. Around 10 steps from the door is the stairs. I never knew Soren's house is big too. I ignored while the door opened. I thought it was just the wind. So I just stared at the moon thinking that there shouldn't be anything weird that'll happen anymore.

Then there was a sound like someone fell off the stairs. That was when I felt scared. Hopefully it won't be Kare, Mikkel, not even Jascha was there.

As I looked at the door, I saw.. The same old man I saw the other night. Soren's dad.

I almost panicked, but I refused to. I whispered, "Oh God!"

What does he want from me? Why was this happening to me? His image was still there. Still looking at me. Still looking at Soren and I.

"Are you guys OK there?" Kare asked. He sure does have a worried voice as he stands in front of the door.

"L... Look!" I pointed at the ghost.

He turned around. "I can't see anything. You might be kidding --"

"No I'm really serious! I saw Soren's dad there."

Soren woke up. "What's... Wrong?" He said with a sleepy voice.

"Your dad, babe... Your dad.. Oh gosh!" I cried. "What does he want from me?"

Everyone else entered the room, including Jascha and Mikkel. We all had a sincere talk.

"Look Soren", Jascha said, "we did feel weird about this house too. While we were in the middle of the movie, like 30 minutes after you guys left, we all, yes all of us, saw a ghost. Somewhat like he's in his fourties..."

Mikkel followed "And wounded. Wearing coat and tie. He walked into your room and faded away. We were seriously scared about it so we failed to tell it to you guys."

"I agree with the two. That's why I know Lizzy is telling the truth." Kare said.

"Look.. I've never seen Dad again since I was 8. And I never heard anything about him anymore since Kevin and I lost communication." Soren replied.

"You've gotta do something about this, Soren. It's not really for the three of us. It's for you. It's for Lizzy. It's for your future children." Kare replied. "Like it's not even Halloween yet, nor even near it. We were just kidding about our post-halloween movie watching. But we didn't finish the movie. We just watched Hansel and Gretel right after we saw the ghost."

Everything got into a total silence. We were all thinking of why this happened. Everyone wonders. So it wasn't just me who saw it. Kare is the proof. Until Mikkel thought of something else.

"And hey! It's 5 days before Lizzy and Kare celebrate their birthdays. Damn. I don't have a gift for them yet. Two persons sharing the same birthday, only that Lizzy will turn 19 and Kare is 22." Mikkel said.

Mikkel and Jascha looked at each other. Oh gosh.. What's this again?

"One, two, three..." Mikkel said.

The two then sang in chorus, "I don't know about YOU [pointing at Kare] but I'm feeling twenty-two..."

"Shut up guys." Kare replied.

Everyone seemed cool about our upcoming birthdays.

"Alright. Everyone, what's your gift for the birthday girl and boy? First. Lizzy. What will you guys give her?" Mikkel asked. "I should give her a BIG teddy bear!"

"A new house." Jascha answered.

"You serious Jascha?" Kare answered.

"I'm thinking ha ha!!!"

"If Jascha gives you a house, I should give you a necklace! Diamond studded."

"Whoa!" I reacted.

"How about you, Soren?" Jascha asked.

Mikkel thought I wouldn't hear it. He whispered, "A baby."

Shocked, I answered "I HEARD THAT MIKKEL! I HEARD THAT! But to tell you guys the truth, not until we turn 20. Soren and I agreed to it. Plus we aren't married yet."

Mikkel just smiled.

Just a few moments, someone texted.

"I'll get your iPhone." Kare said.

Seriously! It's Sasa. Sort of a good news to me! Maybe she changed her mind. Maybe she was drunk the other day.

But all my happy hopes were not what I had. Tears fell in my eyes. Flooding of tears.

It breaks my heart.

*CONTINUED ON CHAPTER XI*

*AUTHOR's NOTE: Not kidding! I'm really born June 14 in real life ;-) Lucky to share the same birthdate with Kare, only younger :-P *