4.1

Adrienne, Saturday morning.

"Adrienne"

I groaned before turning around.

"Adrienne" she yelled again.

"What?"

"What's this?"

I turned my head back around and opened one eye. "A bag?"

"Uhhuh and who's stuff is inside the bag?"

I laid flat on my back and sighed. "It's Jay's"

"Who's jay and why is it here?"

"The new neighbors son. His ex had gave him back his stuff since they broke up and when we talking he must've left it. I'll take it to him if you want"

If I would've said he came over and had dinner she'd have a barn.

"Mhm" she put the bag down walked out.

Now I can't go back to sleep thanks mom. I sat up and took the covers off before climbing off the bed. I stared at the bag. I wonder what's in it. I opened it slightly because I couldn't help it. I mean it is in my house plus he probably wouldn't notice. I picked up the bag and put it on my bed. It wasn't too heavy so it's fine. I flipped it over and dumped it.

"He gave her a lot of shit"

My eyes shot to the doorway.

She shrugged. "I didn't go through it since I knew you would get nosy"

I rolled my eyes. "I think it's cute that she had all this stuff of his" referring to her first statement.

I picked up a hoodie. "This is nice. MA I need one of these"

"Mhm"

I put it back down and moved the other stuff. "It's mostly t shirts and basketball shorts. Who owns this many basketball shorts? That's ridiculous"

"After you keep leaving them at the girls house you have to buy more"

"But really? 5 pairs ?"

"I don't know. I was never a teenage boy"

"Thanks for the reassurance mom"

"You welcome" she turned and left.

I started putting the stuff back in the bags before putting it by my room door. I took a shower, shaved, and got dressed in some shorts and a cropped top.

I walked out my room and went to the kitchen. What should I eat for breakfast? I opened the fridge. Oh yes left overs. I pulled out the macaroni and turned on the oven to heat up.

"MA you want left overs?" I yelled since I don't know where she is.

"No I'm going out"

I bit my lip. "Out where?"

"To check on your aunt before work"

I let my lip go but I didn't reply instead I pulled out the box of Popeyes. Once the oven was hot I stuck the macaroni in and waited.

A few minutes later mother walked into the kitchen fully dressed. "I'll see you either tonight or tomorrow if you're not up"

"Wait!" I stopped her before she opened the door. "Can I um.. go to a party tonight?"

"Where? With who? At what time?"

I twisted my lips. "Text you when I get the information?"

She thought about it before saying that she'll see when she gets the details then leaving. Why did I do that? I don't even want to go.