26.2

Jaycee, March

I woke up from my two hours of sleep and stared at the ceiling. Everything from last night was all I could think about from as soon as Chasity told me Adrienne was in love with me to the change of emotions I went through from confused, shocked, confused, happy and back to confused in that order. I didn't immediately go ask Dri if it was true seeing how it was real late at night when I found out and she was probably sleeping but as soon as I woke up I texted her and I still haven't gotten a response. I shot her another text just saying "alright" letting her know I'll be making a visit over there. I spent the rest of the night making all the arrangements for the weekend before crashing on the couch. 

** Next Day

I woke up bright and early due to all the light coming in through the windows right onto my face. I picked up my phone off the floor and checked the time, after 12. I searched through my contacts before landing on Cories number and calling. She picked up after a few rings.

"I'm not playing middle man"

"You been middle man so where she at?"

I heard her shuffling before answering "she's sleeping right now so you're gonna have to call back"

"Wake her up she'll be alright"

"Have you not woken her up and gotten hit by whatever is closest to her yet? I'm not trynna get bruised this early in the morning"

"Corie wake her up"

"She doesn't wanna talk to you still, she said ya have nothing to talk about"

"Um this is some big shit we need to talk about"

"Well didn't you say you were coming up here? When's that?"

"I'm packing my shit right now" I lied knowing she's gonna pass the message.

There was a coughing and like throwing up type of sound in the background before she said "I'll call you back Jay the... umm... dog just ate something bad"

I stared at the phone knowing damn well they don't have a damn dog. I shook it off before getting up and going to brush my teeth and shit. Once all that was out of the way I definitely had to make my way to the barber, can't be seeing my baby looking all crusty. Permitting this goes as well as i've played in my head.

**

After going to the barber, picking up a few things, and getting some other things done so I didn't have to worry about them I went back home and packed my stuff up and set them in the car.

I don't know how long I'll be there so I packed a few medium size bags just Incase. Finally ready I grabbed my bags and slid my slides on and walking out into the hallway. Locking the door and making my way out I went over my checklist.

Shoes.
Underwear.
T-shirt's.
Socks.
Jeans.
Hoodies.
Silkies.

Yeah I think that's all anything else I'll just pick up.

***

After that couple hour long drive I finally got to her apartment complex. I sat in the car for a while before calling Corie.