23.2

Jaycee, Thanksgiving Break

10 am. I've been up since ten in the damn morning because mom been baking whatever the hell she been baking. I threw the blanket off myself and made my way to the kitchen.

"Why?"

She stopped scrambling for a second before continuing, "why what?"

"Why all these baked goods?"

"I gotta take these down the block then when I get back I'll make the cake and pie to take over to Adrienne's."

"Mm. I'm going to take a shower and stuff" on my way to the bathroom I grabbed my phone out the living room just as Dri was calling. 

"Wassup?"

"I'm forgetting something but I can't remember for the life of me"

I started naming all the foods and stuff.

"I checked all that off"

"I got the drinks and ma is making the desserts" I held the phone between my ear and shoulder while I searched the linen closet for a towel.

"And mine is on her way to make the collards and yams"

"Isn't that it then?"

"Probably but I feel like it's not"

"Well I'm coming from the liquor store straight over there so let me know"

"Alright I'll text you if I remember"

"alright"

**

After showering, brushing my teeth and getting ready I made my way to the liquor store. I got everything then caught a cab over to Dri's. I rang the doorbell then waited.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Hi Jay"

I looked around before Dri held her phone up showing Chas on FaceTime, "hey Chas"

"you can just put that in the fridge"

I nodded already walking to the kitchen, "I got Hennessy, some beers for our moms and some Budweiser Rita's just because." After setting the bags down I sat on the couch.

"So did you ever figure out what you was missing?"

"Chasity"

"Ohhhh this ya first year apart right?"

"Yes so that's why I had to FaceTime her"

"well they'll be around next year and after that they have no excuse"

"Yeah but it's still weird" I shook my head, "I'll return to normal as the day goes on it's only 1pm"

"I shouldn't even be up this early on break"

"Oh I'm sorry you can go upstairs and sleep if you want I have to stay up to watch the food"

"I'll keep you company for a while first you've been here cooking all morning"

"Speaking of, I was up at 7am just to baked some damn cookies and brownies that I didn't even get to eat"

"What'd you do with them then?"

"Remember when mom said she had to take some baked goods to the church on Thanksgiving?"

I nodded catching the drift already.