9.1

Adrienne, That Night

Jay and I got there at 7:30 just to be sure. After we all had our plates we went and sat in the back yard. Most of the adults were taking shots in house so it was just us and a few of their cousins.

Cj sat on Keems lap to my right while I had my legs across Jays lap to my left. He drummed his thumb on my leg with one hand while on his phone. Cj took pictures and videos on snap and Keem didn't take his eyes off her for one second while she did. I smiled to myself as I thought about how they weren't as toxic as they were the first time around. They were on good terms and they haven't been fighting.

The song changed to some rap song I didn't know but apparently everyone else did because they  simultaneously started rapping along even Ceej.

I watched before putting them on snapchat. Once it was over jay turned to me.

"You never heard that song?"

I shook my head. "Should I?"

"Yeah probably but I'm not surprised you haven't"

I frowned. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"You don't listen to rap like that you like them parent songs"

I glared at him. "I'm not sorry I like songs with actually meaning"

"Rap songs have meaning"

"Sex, drugs, alcohol, bitches and money oh I'm sorry I didn't know"

"If you don't know now you know"

"Corn muncher"

"Corn muncher? Really?"

I looked away ignoring him.

"iight air me again Adrienne"

I did.

He pushed my legs off of him and I gasped as my feet hit the floor.

"You're so rude!"

"I warned you"

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Stop pouting"

Ignored.

"You not gon do this again"

"Ignored" I said aloud this time.

"Alright lets go" he got up and pulled me up.

"Where are we going?"

"Inside" he started dragging me.

I tried to fight him but it wasn't doing much so I changed my tactic. "Why? Are you gonna spank me in the bathroom?"

He stopped and looked at me like I was crazy before asking. "Who are you?"

I took the moment to pull myself out of his grasp. "Adrienne"

"Nah that was - that was wild"