8.2

Jaycee, Fourth of July

When I woke up this morning i immediately thought of Adrienne. I took care of all things hygienic before crossing the hall. I rang the bell and waited. She didn't get to the door fast enough so I rang it again. I heard the peephole cover move but she didn't open the door. I rang the bell again before making a beat on the door.

"I know you hear me Adrienne so open the door"

Silence.

"I wanna talk to you before Cj does"

Silence.

"I'm sorry for tripping last night but I was worried especially since you always text me back or call me back even before Cj"

I waited.

"Can you open the door now my bestest best friend?"

"Don't try to sugar me up" ahh a reply.

"It's butter not sugar"

"But butter isn't sweet that'd make no sense"

"See you need me. I'll get you food" I tried.

"Tempting but no"

"I'll cook for you" I don't even like cooking.

"Oka- wait no. No stop buttering me up with food"

"Oh now you say it right? Fine how about" i stopped to think. "I'll give you one of my awesome hugs and we'll have a normal conversation?"

"What makes you think I want one of your hugs?"

"You love my hugs"

"I've never said that"

"You don't need to i just know it"

The door opened. "I only opened it because I'm tired of standing here but I'm too nice to just leave you here as well"

I walked in and locked the door before walking her to the living room.

She wiggled out my hands and sat on the couch. "Speak You nerd"

I sat next to her. "Nerd? But okay so what'd you do while I was with Jessie?"

"I went to see Jordan because I didn't want to be home alone for hours"

"I'll get back to whoever Jordan is in a minute but so why didn't you answer your phone?"

"I wasn't paying attention to my phone. We were talking and watching movies an stuff then we fell asleep"

"Mhm and when you seen all the messages and calls?"

"I figured I was gonna see ya anyway so yeah"

"iight that's horrible logic but now back to this guy. Who's he? When ya started talking?"

"His name is Jordan and he goes to our school. We started talking like 2 weeks ago maybe"

"Mhm so I'll be meeting him soon?"