16.1

Adrienne, Prom Day

Immediately annoyed. That was my mood when I woke up this morning.

My aunt Angie bust in my room singing in Spanish. IN SPANISH FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. Who does that? Then she shook me while singing louder until I got out of the bed.

I stomped my way to the bathroom and slammed the door closed behind me. I took care of my morning rituals and walked back out. She was now sitting on the back of the couch holding a bag obviously waiting for me.

"Why? Why are you here so early?" I asked annoyed.

"It's 9 O' Clock this isn't early"

How is 9 o clock not early Miss?

"It's early enough" I looked at the bag. "Is that for me?"

"Yup hurry up and eat so we can get the day started"

I took the bag. "I don't think I wanna go anymore"

"Oh you're going and you're gonna look fantastic"

I groaned.

"You'll get excited once you start getting ready"

"Mhm" I went and sat at the table. I started eating while she started putting all the stuff to do my hair on the coffee table.

"You wanna wait a while after you eat to start your hair or just jump right to it?"

I shrugged since my mouth was full.

"So we'll jump and take a break after"

I nodded.

*

After I ate and got my hair washed, deep conditioned and rewashed I sat on the floor in front of the couch while my aunt blew out my hair.

Cj sent me a snap of her getting her hair done as well with an annoyed face. I sent her one back and made a few preprom snaps for my story.

*

3 hours later my hair was done and up in a wrap. I laid back on the couch and grabbed the remote.

"It's 12:30 now what time you wanna start getting ready?"

"Me and Ceej are getting our nails and eyebrows done at 2 so I should be back at 4"

"Alright. I have to run to the salon I got an appointment but I'll be back at 4 to do your make up. Your mom should here by 5"

"Oh she's actually gonna see me off?"

She sighed. "Adrienne she's trying. Don't you get everything you want?"

"No"

"What don't you get?"

"Parents who are around. They could've at least gave me a sibling or something, damn. I've basically lived alone since I was 15 Angie."

"You know she's only working so hard so you can go to a good college right?"

"You know I don't give a damn about her reasoning right? That doesn't change the fact that me and her barely know each other now I'm going away to college soon and she'll just be another person from back home."