22.1

Adrienne, Year 3,
September

After a long summer I was actually happy to be back at school.  We got to be with each other basically every single day but me and Jay felt different around each other, before we'd do things without a second thought but now it's like we hesitated doing the simplest things with each other. We'd still talk on the phone normally but in person it's almost... weird. It was a foreign feeling to us.

Corie came back in the room with the food and knocked me out my thinking.

"I was gone for five minutes and your thoughts were already back to him?"

"How did you- don't answer that."

She smirked before sitting on my bed next to me. "You're probably over thinking. You guys were away from each other for a while."

"What if we're drifting apart?"

"You guys talk all the time"

"What if we become those friends that only text and never hang out?"

"Does that even count?" She shook her head. "Anyways you guys will be right back to where ya were before college"

"What if he knows and that's why he's been so awkward?"

"How could he know?"

"I don't know Cor but that has to be the only reason"

After 10 more minutes of her convincing me he didn't know how I felt I wasn't satisfied but I was full.

"Speaking of the prince himself?" she raised her eyebrow at my vibrating phone on the bed face down.

I picked it up and turned it around. "Not this time" I answered Keems call.

"What's up Keem?"

"Call your female best friend right now before she make me punch something"

"What happened?"

"She calls herself not speaking to me so speak to her before I do"

"Okay I'll call her"

"iight" he hung up and I FaceTimed Ceej.

"Hey baby girl"

"Girl don't even. Why you got keem calling my phone ready to hurt someone or something?"

She rolled her eyes. "I'm not speaking to him"

"So I've heard. What did he do?"

"He don't listen to me so now he doesn't have to"

"Keem gon punch ya lil ass into next break if you keep playin wit his ass, Chasity" Cor chimed in.

I nodded in agreement.

"Hey Corie and I dare his ass to try"

I shook my head. "Ya always fighting about something I swear"

"Because that's my baby he just dumb"