27.1

Adrienne, Next Night

After I got home from work I called Jay back over and quickly took a shower. Once out and in pajamas I cooked something up really quick.

We ate with normal conversation before we turned to the serious stuff which we sat on the couch with alcohol for.

"Soo... what you been up to before this?"

"Well I got a promotion but I told you about that already so that's about it"

"Still have no love life then"

He laughed, "I'll be working on that real soon"

"Oh? You've found a target?" Yes I was curious because now he knows how I feel but I still don't know how he feels.

"I wouldn't say found but a situation came up that'll work in our favor"

I couldn't look at him because I was clearly jealous, "so the feelings are mutual between you two then?"

"Yeah I think so" Why'd he sound so happy like he was rubbing it in my face?

"That's nice"

"What about you?"

"Oh you know same ol same ol nothing new"

"Nah I don't know you gotta elaborate"

"Unlike you I don't have a love life or anyone I share mutual feelings with"

"No one? Not one person?"

"Nope just unrequited love"

"You sure?"

I faked a laugh, "yeah I'm pretty sure" you basically just said there was someone else you're interested in.

"how do you know it's unrequited? Have you spoken to him about it?"

Is he serious? "Absolutely not and I won't be doing that"

"Damn so I guess I won't be working on my Love life then since the other half doesn't wanna cooperate"

What? What does me talking about my unrequited love have to do with his love life? I opened my mouth in an O formation, "you asshole!" Damn I'm slow

"Took you long enough to catch the hint I've been in love with you for years too but I didn't want to ruin our friendship"

I was both too shocked and too excited so I didn't say anything so he continued what he was saying.

"Then you were doing your thing with other dudes so I figured my feelings were one sided so I tried dating other girls to get over you"

"But I was messing with other guys to get over you!" I didn't mean to yell but he clearly didn't mind.

"Why didn't you just say something?"

"Chasity, Corie and Keem have known for years"

"So they knew how you felt too? They never said anything to me when I talked to them about my feelings for you"