20.2

Jaycee, December,
YEAR 2.

I held the door open for some girl before walking in myself. I didn't even bother to look down at her ass as I usually would. This feelings shit is too distracting to deal with right now. I couldn't catch them after we graduated?

I went to the back to clock in but I checked my phone real quick. My mom, Dri and Keem text me. I resisted the urge to open Dri's first and opened Keems.

"Guess who's on her way over with a little crises ?"

"Adrienne? Is she good?"

I waited a minute for him to write back.

"She's on her way right now so idk. You worried bro?"

"Stop that shit Keem. She's my best friend of course I'm worried. Ima just text her"

I went and opened her text.

"Yeah okay whatever you say Jay and go to work before you're late again dumbass. Gon get yourself fired"

I laughed a little before writing her back.

"I made it 5 minutes early so don't worry about me. You good though?"

I clocked in before I was late then read her new text.

"What a miracle & yeah I'm good why?"

"Just making sure but I'll talk to you later I gotta get to work"

I wrote my mom back before opening Keems messages.

"She's here."
"I'll let you know wassup when I find out"

I didn't bother to reply instead I put my phone away and go to work.

**

I clocked out and pulled my jacket on. On my way out I said bye to everyone and walked out the building. I caught a cab and got in before checking my phone.

"It's about a guy"

My heart dropped. She got a boyfriend? How come she didn't tell me?

"Apparently she really feeling him too because she was real nervous"

"Are you dead ass? How come she didn't tell me anything? Last she told me she wasn't messing with those boys anymore"

I was kinda hurt she told them before me. Well more Keem I expected she'd tell Cj.

"Yup I was surprised too"

I ignored the text and called Adrienne.

"Hello?"

"What are you doing?"

"Going to my moms why?"

"I thought you was there already"

"Nah I stopped by Keems to see them real quick now I'm going back. Why are asking so many questions? Are you okay? Did something happen at work?"

"Nah nothing happened at work but I met this girl and I wanted you to be the first to know since you're my best friend and all."

Okay maybe I was a mix of bitter and jealous.

She hesitated before speaking. "Oh really? What's she like?"

I paused. There's no girl! How am I supposed to describe an invisible person? "Um she's light skin"

"Really jay? Did you not look at her face at all?"

I plugged my headphones in before going on Instagram I came across a picture of India Westbrook. She could work. "Yeah. She got like freckles, a nose piercing, nice lips, kinda exotic looking and got some tattoos"

"Sounds pretty. Did you get her number?"

"Yeah I'm about to call her now so I'll talk to you later"

"Okay by-"

I hung up and immediately called Keem. I didn't even let him say anything before I spoke.

"I just called her and tried to get her to say something and she just skid right over it"

"Hold up" he started talking to I guess Cj. "She's calling Chas now" he told her to answer the phone then came back laughing. "Yo you hung up on her Jay? You're an asshole"

"Oh shit. It was by accident she's mad?"

"She's more mad because Chas is laughing... Yo you met a girl today?"

"No i was trying to get her to bring up the guy without saying I knew so I described India Westbrook to her"

"That girl look good as fuck. Not better than my baby but she a good look"

"Nice save"

"Yeah she almost walked out the room"

"Anyways now I got this invisible girl and still no info about this guy"

"Well technically India is a real person you just never met her"

"Keem that's not what's important here"

"In a couple days tell her that Shawty got rabies or something so you had to dead it"

"Yeah I'll be telling her a better excuse than that but Ima talk to ya tomorrow I'm tired and it's already bad enough I'm not up there with ya"

"You working so it's not for no reason. We still got love for you bro"

"Yeah I know. I'll catch ya"

"One"

We hung up and I put my head back against the seat. This gonna be a long couple of months.