3.2

Jaycee,Friday Night.

"You didn't have to bring my stuff over now. It's late"

"Yea but I was about to sleep in one of your shirts so I figured I probably should" she shrugged.

"I'm sorry"

"Jay you don't have to keep apologizing"

"So-" I started to apologize again.

She smiled before handing me the bag. "It was nice seeing you"

"Yeah. You too"

"Good luck"

"Good luck"

She left and I stood there for a second before grabbing the elevator up to my floor.  I went to my door and put my bag down to get out my keys. That's when I heard a scream from Adrienne's apartment. I debated whether I should check on her or not before shrugging and walking to door. I knocked then waited. I heard moving so I knocked again. That's when she opened the door.

"Um.. hey" i moved the bag in my hand to the other side awkwardly.

"Hey?"

"You.. okay?"

She nodded. "Why do you ask?"

"I heard you scream and being the good neighbor I am I wanted to check on you"

She raised an eyebrow. "Oh you're a good neighbor now?"

"Well I'd like to think so"

"Mhm but I was um watching a movie"

"Lemme guess it was a scary one?" I smirked.

I watched her roll her eyes. "Shut up"

"I didn't think you'd be the type to be scared of movies" she came off tougher than that.

"Well now you know my deepest secret" sarcasm.

"I'm honored" i put a hand over my heart anyway copying her sarcasm.

She smiled before shaking her head and looking at the bag in my hand. "Went shopping?"

I looked at it too. I forgot it was there honestly. "Uh no Ari brought over my stuff"

Her eyebrows shot up. "How come?"

I rubbed the back of my neck. "We kinda broke up"

"I'm sorry to hear that" her face had changed into a genuine pout.

"It's cool. It wasn't on bad terms so she's not too broken up about it and if she was I would've gotten this stuff back in ashes" i laughed a little to let her know it really wasn't bothering me.

She gave him a small smile in return. "So that's a good sign then"

I nodded. "Definitely"

She moved awkwardly. "No offense but was that it?"

Yeah this probably was awkward seeing as we were really that close yet. "Oh um yea I guess so. I should probably go get dinner now"

"Almost everything is closed at this time"

"Wait what time is it?" I looked at my watch and sucked my teeth. "Damn I didn't notice how late it was"

She looked back into her apartment before looking at me again. "Do you eat Popeye's?"