23.1

Adrienne, Thanksgiving Break

Only me and Jay were back for the break so we decided to get our moms to spend it together since it's only the four of us. They loved the idea and agreed immediately but I believe it's mostly because I'll be doing the main cooking.

I grabbed my keys out my pocket and unlocked the door before kicking it open with my foot. Setting the heaviest bag down to hold the door open I grabbed the ones from in front of the elevator and brought them in. Once all the bags were in I let out a long sigh. Now to get the turkey out the fridge and into the oven.

**

"Turkeys in the oven, groceries are away, hams in the oven too?" I ran over to the oven and peaked inside, "hams in the oven, got the yams, all the cheeses for the macaroni, the collard greens and cornbread"

I tapped my finger on my chin thinking what could I be missing? I walked out the kitchen to the living room and looked around hoping for something to trigger my memory but nothing was coming up so I called Jay.

"Wassup?"

"I'm forgetting something but I can't remember for the life of me"

He ran through my list.

"I checked all that off"

"I got the drinks and ma is making the desserts"

"And mine is on her way to make the collards and yams"

"Isn't that it then?"

"Probably but I feel like it's not"

"Well I'm coming from the liquor store straight over there so let me know"

"Alright I'll text you if I remember"

"alright"

We hung up and I put my phone on the dinning room table. I decided to go take a shower to shake the feeling off but when I got out it was still there. I threw on a big t shirt and some underwear, since the oven has the whole place hot, before going and grabbing my phone off the table then laying on the couch to call Cj. Once she answered and smiled into the phone I felt better.

"Hey hey"

I smiled back "hey"

"How's cooking going?"

"The ham and turkey are in the oven I'll start on the baked macaroni once those are almost done"

She nodded while pouting , "I wish I was there I want some baked macaroni"

"You know what's crazy? I kept feeling like something was missing all morning and even called Jay to see if he knew but he didn't so I took a shower an still couldn't figure it out."

"So did you find out?"

"Yes, it's you! We're always together on thanksgiving even if it's just in the morning" I instantly got ready to cry.

"Dri don't cry you're gonna make me cry" she wiped under her eyes.

I sat my phone on my lap and wiped my eyes, "sorry"

The doorbell rang and I grabbed my phone before jogging to answer. I looked through the peephole and seen Jay so I pulled the door open.

"Hey"

"Hey"

"Hi Jay"

Jay looked around confused until I put my phone to face him, "hey Chas"

I locked the door again, "you can just put that in the fridge"

He nodded already making his way to the kitchen, "I got Hennessy,  some beers for our moms and some Budweiser Rita's just because."