11.1

Adrienne, Thanksgiving

I pulled out the first tray of baked macaroni before setting it on the stove and checking the second tray. I made one for Marie and one for myself thanks to Jay telling her how much he loved it when I made it before. I covered Marie's in aluminum foil after closing the oven.

The door opened. "The whole floor smells like bomb ass food thanks to you and my mom"

I took the pot holders off my hand before handing it to him. "Good because I'm ready to go to bed now"

"You're seriously gonna sleep through thanksgiving?"

"Hopefully" I handed him the tray. "Take this to Marie"

"Take it yourself"

"No she's not gonna let me come back and sleep"

"So?"

"SO I want to sleep and you have to go back over there anyway" I checked the time on the microwave, 4:37. "Plus i need to go take a shower"

"Fine I'll be back to bother you"

"No you'll be eating with your family"

"They annoying"

"Too bad" I turned off the stove and covered the yams. "Now hurry up and take that to her"

"Alright alright" he left.

I turned off everything and went to enjoy a nice shower which lasted two hours. I got out and threw on some sweats and a tank top before serving myself a huge plate of everything.

I was halfway done before the doorbell rang. My eyebrows immediately furrowed as I slowly put the plate down and made my way to the door. The bell rang again and I unlocked it before pulling it open.

As soon as I did I started crying before jumping on him.

He dropped his bags before laughing. We hugged in silence for what felt like forever before I let go.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have some rollover leave days that I might as well take advantage of"

I wiped my face but still I was crying. "I missed you so much"

He kissed my forehead before stepping into the house. "I've missed you too. Where's your mom?"

I slowly got off of him. "She's umm..."

He grabbed his bags. "She's umm what?"

I sighed. "She's not here"

He stood up and his mood changed in a snap. "What do you mean she's not here?"

I let him walk in and locked the door before following him to the living room. "She's not here. She's working"

"Working on Thanksgiving? So you're here by yourself?"

I bit the inside of my cheek. "Yes but-"

"Call her"