1.9

Six starts to shake as the voice gets closer. She pushes me into a closet and says stay quiet and don't do anything. I listened intently as a man burst through her door. He says, " shirt off it against the wall you worthless piece of shit." Did I hear the all-too-familiar sound of a belt coming out of the loops. As I listen to him crack his belt and then the slap of belt hitting skin. I can't stay in here and listen to her get beat. I live through that I can't let that happen to her. But then again if I go out there I could get her killed. It goes on for another 30 minutes till finally she gets out and screams. The door shuts behind him and you hear that car start and drive down the road.

" you're okay. You're okay let's get you cleaned up." I assure her

I start with clean up the slab of meat that is her back. The all-too-familiar smell of the sickening blood. I hold her down as I pour rubbing alcohol on your back. She almost screamed but holds it in. I can feel her body shake as I rub the solution on and I know it hurts but it has to do. Her body is so small I don't know how much longer she can take this without losing too much blood. I know she has to do this for her brother though. She's so strong but doesn't realize it.

She's almost asleep as I tuck her into her bed and kiss her good night..I pray that she has a better life than the one God has given her.

I leave her house and walk next door to mine. I'm about to enter when I hear a little voice behind me.

"Excuse me do you know how to help me get into my house it seems to me that the front door is locked?" A little boy says

"Sure, buddy what house do you live in. And what's your name?"

"My name is Caleb and I live next door. I saw you walking from my house and so I thought maybe you could help me get in."

"Yes I'll help you come with me."

I walk him over to Six's house and let him in with the key I took. He's small and has blonde hair and green eyes. His facial features look much like Sixes.

"You know don't you?" His little voice asks

"I do bud now go to sleep your sister is upstairs.." I replied.

I walked back across the street open my door I'm going up to my room. It was black and had a blue a spreadsheet over my bed in the corner. I went over to look out the window to find my bedroom window right across from Six's. I take off my clothes with my boxers were wet from swimming with six. I jump into bed thinking about school tomorrow and if I'll see six there. Maybe I'll ask her to be my girlfriend.