We'll See

~ Chapter Twenty Seven ~

It had been exactly a week and Shay and I were going through our lovey dovey stage. Always talking on the phone or texting or with each other. I told Jasmine that we had to keep a business relationship and that was all but now Jakari was coming to visit me. I was nervous. I hadn't even told Shay yet.

I had to tell her today. It was Saturday and I was just now eating breakfast. Jakari was on her plane here so I called Shay to come over. She came in and sat with me on the couch.

"What's up?" She asked putting her arm around my shoulders.

"I have something to tell you. Ion want you to get mad though." I said.

"What is it?"

"You know the girl I said I loved and all? She's coming here for her winter break. Today." I replied.

"Mm.. I don't know how to feel about this. We just started dating Ari. Now you bringing your first love to stay with you for how long? Two weeks? Can I really trust you?" She asked.

"You can trust me. I don't even want to fuck with her like that again. I just need closure. We left on weird terms and I figured seeing her face to face would make it easier to end it all." I explained.

"Did you ever really end it all?" She asked.

"Yeah. Well I did. I can tell she's still not there yet. I'm not gonna let anything happen." I said feeling nervous. I knew I was lying hard as fuck. I have a problem with lying.

"Okay I believe you I guess. When is she supposed to get here?" She asked.

"Uhh-" My phone beeped with a text.

Jakari- Plane just landed. It landed early.

"She's here now." I said. Shay kinda rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna go home and finish my catalogues. I want to meet her though." She said standing up. I stood up too and rubbed my hands together.

"Okay okay I'll see what I can do." I said. She left and I let out a long ass breath that I was holding in. Never been that nervous bruh.

I texted Jakari back with my address and waited. Then I realized I wasn't even dressed. I went to my room and quickly changed into some khaki joggers, a plain black shirt, black forces and a black hat. I had the hat backwards over my bun.

I went back downstairs and seen Jakari's cab pulling up. I went outside and got extremely confused when she got out of the cab with Laylani. What the hell did she bring her for? She smiled at me as they got their bags from the trunk.

"Hey Ariana." Laylani said. "I hope it's not a problem that I came with Kari. So in love I can't spend an hour away from her." She said.

"You're fine. Come in, I'll show you where you two can sleep." I said trying to hide my attitude. They followed me inside to one of my guest rooms.

"This is a nice house." Jakari said. I just nodded and opened the door to their room.

"Your sanctuary for the next three weeks. Enjoy." I said. They went in and I went to my room. I was so pissed. I never agreed to let Laylani stay with me. Why would I want her here?! Jakari walked in my room a few minutes later and shut my door. "What the hell?"

"I know. I'm wrong for bringing her here but she wouldn't let me leave if I didn't bring her." She said frowning.

"Then you shouldn't have even came! You knew I wouldn't want her in my house. Especially now that I know you still aren't being true to yourself." I said shaking my head.